Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Mods Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 11:15
Am just wondering. What would be the best version of FPSC for use of Mods? I know V107 is the one but I want the store and all of the good additions that these nice people made. Also is it possible to have all of the mods?

EFX, S4Mod, Ply's, Air mod ETC...

I just want to be clear before I do something Stupid and mess up FPSC again...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 11:20
It varies, Airmod and Ply's Mod can use V1.09 quite well, but EFX has issues with these.......

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 11:26
I wish it works with V109. The best version in my vote. I guess I gotta go back to FPSC V107 and get the stuff from the store when a another open source version comes to light... Thanks anyways but could you use all of the mods??? i want to buy all of them when they come out fully. And if I can i want permission from the people whom made them. Don't wish to disrespect...
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 14:54 Edited at: 19th Jul 2008 14:55
Quote: "It varies, Airmod and Ply's Mod can use V1.09 quite well, but EFX has issues with these......."

It's not right... because efxMod is using Airmod...

and btw. efxMod is completely free (of course non-commercial only in this case )

The problem with the new FPSC versions is mainly the imageblock feature, as far as I know

I'm not using 1.09 or higher, I've got multiple installations from 1.0, 1.04, 1.07 to 1.08, but testers reported problems with 1.09 (but these problems should occur with the other mods, too)

You can use only one mod at a time

and please, coffee grunt, provide some sources or evidence instead of talking about unproven information

it IS possible to use efxMod with 1.09 without problems, but it's not recommended for not-advanced users

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 19:27
Sorry, I just read that in your thread and assumed that was the case....

I've tried Ply's Mod and Airmod with V1.09 successfully, but not EFX. Sorry again.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 19:41 Edited at: 19th Jul 2008 19:42
FYI:

This probably should be added. Although the v1.09 editor works well with Plys Mod -- I've had no problems anyway -- we have to remember that it compiles to version 1.07 and not 1.09. So we can't use the features (commands) that have been added after 1.07. Well, we can use them but they will be ignored and the scripts will not work the way we might have thought they should. For example the plrfreeze command will not work well with Bond1's Wizard #2. I don't have that model, so don't know what actually happens if it is used. Lee even made some modifications or something to make the model work even better from what I can gather or remember; but, then again, my memory is not very good.

I have not used any of the other mods so don't know about them.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 23:12
Quote: "You can use only one mod at a time"

only one because u say or It will be trouble or there will be issues with FPSC?
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 23:16 Edited at: 19th Jul 2008 23:19
only one, because you can only use one FPSC-Game.exe at a time...
you can't combine two of them

okay, more or less, you can use two mods... all/most of the mods around have Airmod in it
(so it's <MOD> + Airmod, usually)

but for example, you can't use Ply's Mod and efxMod at the same time for one game - there's a simple, logical problem

sure you can change the EXE's name, for example rename the old FPSC-Game.exe to another name and pasting in another FPSC-Game.exe and always change between multiple EXE's like this
but you can only use one FPSC-Game.exe for one game at a time

EDIT: haha, faster

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 23:17
...because only one compiled FPSC-Game.exe file can be used at a time.

There is no way (short of a collaboration) for more than one mod to be implemented at once...

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 23:19
ahhhhhhhhhhh i forgot about the FPSC-game.exe this whole time!!! I feel dumb.. I want to try them all but as u say one a time. Then I'll stick to which is best....
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 01:18
Quote: "and btw. efxMod is completely free (of course non-commercial only in this case )"

People using Ply's Mod are allowed to sell the games they make with it. Just because they used my Mod to make their game, I'm making any kind of claim to the content within their levels.

So, with that said, people can sell their games, if they don't mind selling it with the splash screen.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 01:33
Quote: "only one, because you can only use one FPSC-Game.exe at a time... you can't combine two of them "

But you could write a program that will let you choose which mod you wish to run, then make a copy and rename it to FPSC-Game.exe.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 01:45
Hmmm, I could try that.... :-Y

...and let it auto update the mod version at the same time.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 02:09
Funny you should mention that, Nickydude. I believe I told someone that they should do that at some point in time.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 02:27
Quote: "if they don't mind selling it with the splash screen."

Unless you purchase the mod, right Ply?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 05:13
Of course. Purchasing the Mod just removes the splash screen and title screen tag. It doesn't give you any kind of additional licensing.

So if you're comfortable with selling your game with "Plystire's Mod" shown, then go for it. You could probably even get away with telling your Non-TGC Forum dwelling friends that it's YOUR Mod it's talking about. Heck, I don't care. I wouldn't even know if you did or not.... liar.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 05:15
about the v1.09 issue...I somehow got it to say that I'm using v1.09 not v1.07 AND i had the store and everything(though i'm not sure if variables work like they do in actual v1.09)
note:i'm using s4mod

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 05:19
@Dar13:

That is the Editor, not the Engine that says it is V1.09. Mods for FPSC only replace the engine, not the editor. Newer Editors may have problems with the modded engine, though.

With that said, ANY official addition to FPSC past V1.07 will NOT be included in a Mod unless the modder had implemented it themselves. (Such is the case with PLRFREEZE that I believe Airslide implemented)

Many people have been successful in using newer Editors with Mods, and some people haven't.

The one and only,

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 05:21
just a little thing i noticed when booting it up this morning

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 09:46
Hey ply i just read the first tutt in your Scripting for newbs thread, bro that helped me out so much ill read the second one tomorrow. Its weird going from ruby to fpi, its bitter sweet
Sweet because i can understand some of the things taking place
bitter because i need to learn alot of new things.

but thanks bro your tutt is great. I cant wait to bust out my first script. thanks.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
The reason some people can't use v1.09 is because the last version released has the protected images and the mods can't unpack them.

Early version off v1.09 don't have this feature so works to a degree.

Best s4real

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:23:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:23:30