Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / X Files into Fpe files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I make MakeEntitiesFromXFiles.exe to show all my textures for the objects instead of one texture set only?

I am only able to select one texture when compiling the x file into a fpe file using MakeEntitiesFromXFiles.exe.
I have several textures I need to use.

Please advice
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 19:39
The FPSC 'Entity maker' program can only assign one texture to an .X file unfortunatly.
An idea would be to use a larger texture image file such as 2048x2048 and fit all your textures on that then re-assign (uv map)them to your model, then give that a go.

I hope this helps and all the best of luck.
Avalonze
Years of Service
User Offline
How would you recommend I do a uv map?
Is this some feature in 3D World Studio?

Sorry asking so much, but this is new for me.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 01:43
Avalonze

Sorry mate, I use Milkshape3d and am not familia with 3D World Studio at all but there are individual UV mapping programs out there which open and export models in .X format.You will still have to run the finished .X files model and your texture through the 'Entity maker' program though.
Do a search for 'unwrap 3D' as this will take you in the right direction because there is a 'free' unwrap program out there but I'm not 100 percent sure what the exact name is.

I hope this has helped and all the best of luck.
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 04:26
when i save an .x file from ultimate unwrap 3d (not free, 60 dollars) then open in make entities program, i enter the name of the first map of my multiple maps. It does not show in the preview bmp made by make entities but it works in fps creator. The frogs in my froggy shoot out i just posted have multiple textures.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 02:59
i havent messed with this very much but i think you can add another texture in the fpsc game editor by right cliking the thing and under optional visuals/ alt texture loading in a second uv map. idk though

Survival!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:27:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:27:52