Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / visual c++ errors. trying to run dark gdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i recently downloaded visual c++ so i could run dark gdk, but the problem is that visual c++ 2008 express isnt working. everytime i try to build so i can run a debug, the exe cannot be created. i looked up the problem online (it told me i got a PRJ003 error).

Possible reasons for this error:

Low system resources. Close some applications to resolve this. - tried it, didnt work.

Insufficient security privileges. Verify that you have sufficient security privileges. - dont know how to get or check privileges, but i should have them, im running on admin account.

The executable paths specified in VC++ Directories do not include the path for the tool that you are attempting to run. - tried to fix it but didnt really know what to add. Tried a few locations that worked for other people, but these did not help me.

For makefile projects, you are missing a command to run on either Build Command Line or Rebuild Command Line. - um... what?
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you post the entire error message? and your OS?
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 17:07
Quote: "The executable paths specified in VC++ Directories do not include the path for the tool that you are attempting to run."

This looks most suspect. Did you actually install Dark GDK after running C++ once?

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Expert Novice
Years of Service
User Offline
im running on a vista. heres what i did:

i downloaded all the stuff from the page on dark gdk. some of it is old but thats what i downloaded.

i ran c++ just like they told me, i didnt try to do a build tho.

i ran the otherone and dark gdk. no problems or anyhting to indicate problems except i was told that xvideo2 expired.

so i try to do one of the tutorials, try to debug. i get a PRJ0003 error. *.exe cannot be created. i thought maybe problems with the install so i uninstalled everything and tried just visual c++. i created a new project using one of the templates. i ran it right off the bat and got the same PRJ0003 error: cannot create exe. clearly the problem lies with vc 2008, not dark gdk.

Heres the exact error:
"------ Build started: Project: console, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Admin\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\console\console\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
console - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

A few people had similar problems but for different reasons or possibly just different scenarios. i tried some of the methods to fix these but i wouldnt count my efforts. theres just too much i dont know. I hope someone can help me with this.

THANKS.
Merak Spielman
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't see you downloading and installing DirectX. Did you do that?
Expert Novice
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i did. I got the old one (from dark gdk's page), then i got the new one (thank you google). Either way it didnt work. it didnt work without direct x either.

Shouldnt vc++ express work on its own any way? i mean its not like im doing anything complex... im using the default templates with no changes and its still not working.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 06:45
Quote: "Shouldnt vc++ express work on its own any way? i mean its not like im doing anything complex..."

Dark GDK is a wrapper for DirectX functions. The graphics are written to the display using DirectX but Dark GDK acts as a layer to keep the programmer from having to do low level DX directives. If you don't have the path to the directory with your DX libraries and includes, and for the proper version, you're bound to get some errors.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Elbrus
Years of Service
User Offline
This may not help i had problems with VC++ and vista. I'm running fine now all i did is right click your short cut to vc or the name on the start menu. then go to properties, after click on compatibility tab, then check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for... make sure in the box below it says "Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Thats all i did and all my problems i had with the vc and dark gdk went away. Give it a try hopefully it helps you to.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 21:43
This problem is most likely because you didn't run the compiler at least once before installing Dark GDK.

My site, for various stuff that I make.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:26:31