Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Elevator problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 02:55
Hello everyone. Just wanted to throw out this quick question to all of you. Maybe you can help me.

There's an instance in my level that requires you to go up an elevator to reach a vent. So, when I go up the elevator, I walk out of it and die. (not a glitch, but from another character) I start back where I was previously, below the elevator. And I can't get it to come back down. How do I do this?

Any help is appreciated.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 03:06
You can place a checkpoint at the top of the elevator where you step off so that the player will restart at the top if he dies.

Best.

OurHaus Industries
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 03:34
How about if I don't die, but I need to go up it a second time?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 04:27 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 04:29
If you look at the modernday map that is included with FPSC... You can see that they have put a triggerzone with 'lift1.fpi' at the entrance to the lift so that if you die it will call the lift down to you even if it has already been used...

Unfortunately this crashes the game every time you walk (actually jump as it doesn't go off when you walk through it) into it... At least it does in Test Mode, I've never built the game and tried it out...

[center]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 05:46
Quote: "How about if I don't die, but I need to go up it a second time? "

Well I'm not looking at your map, but if you need to go up it a second time, how did you get back down it?

Best.

OurHaus Industries
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 14:18
You dropped down a floor from an air vent, but have to back up again to turn on a switch.

Thraxas, thanks. I'll try this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:25:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:25:28