Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator MP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it not possible to make a online multiplayer game for FPS Creator Games?

Maybe using dark basic?
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 20:07
And there's a post right below yours sbout multiplayer...

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 20:23
go to file_new arena. you'll know your in arena mode when the grid is red.

And there you go. hope it helps

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 20:54
Note though that Arena mode is bugged like hell, and will most likely not work.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 20:58
Expect lots of "waiting to join". You'll see what i mean.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 21:03
Well, not only that. Apparently the whole Build Game is broken for some people on Multiplayer. So it either crashes, or gives you single player. But yes, Waiting to join is one you'll encounter for sure.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So it either crashes, or gives you single player."

Easy remedy: Don't change the scripts in the editor, do it after build game.

Quote: "But yes, Waiting to join is one you'll encounter for sure."

Waiting to join only occurs for those who have not properly configured their firewalls. Darkfact wrote a tutorial on this. I don't think it is a problem any longer as it has been changed in the source code to get the real ip for the host, which was the initial cause of the waiting to join bug.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 21:27
Quote: "Easy remedy: Don't change the scripts in the editor, do it after build game."

I know that, but apparently everyone ignores me when I tell them that, so I just told him it won't work anyway.

Quote: "Waiting to join only occurs for those who have not properly configured their firewalls. Darkfact wrote a tutorial on this. I don't think it is a problem any longer as it has been changed in the source code to get the real ip for the host, which was the initial cause of the waiting to join bug."

Explain why my server PC has trouble with it then? as it has all the required ports opened, on the firewall, and on the 2 routers.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
First thing to do is to load up a fpsc mp game and compare the ip to the ip that

www.whatismyip.com gives you. If there is any difference then the game is not sending out the right ip, because it is not communicating with tgc's whatismyip.php file.

Ok if it is the right ip, try connecting to someone's game who has their ports set up correctly. You may be getting the WTJ bug because of someone else's router.

Obviously - there is no magical cure all. If you want to get it working you will have to experiment. Try removing one of the routers or plugging directly into your modem for your ISP. Try disabling antivirus software on your computer. If you use MS Firewall etc, make sure the ports on your computer aren't being blocked by any protection software.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 23:01
Trust me, I've been fiddling with it since the release of FPS Creator, and only got it to work once, and then the whole system crashed 2 days after that, so the whole fiddling was lost.

In other words, its bugged and requires more effort then any other program to get it to work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:25:55