Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Creating an overworld map with points of interest?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, is there an example of a map (like the one in final fantasy tactics, or generally a map with nodes) that the player can click from one point to another and move?

I've been trying to find a way to reproduce it, but I can't seem to find anything to begin with.

Thanks in advance,
Panagiotis
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 09:08
Ugh... I hate questions like these. Try getting somewhere first...?
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 09:12
We can help you once you give us your start on it.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
Ditikos
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you are right o.O ...

Here is what I am trying to do.

I have a detailed 2d road map of a city, for example London. Each point of interest is represented on that map as a white dot. You are on a starting point dot, and you want to go to the next dot (which can be done with a mouse click).

I have seen a good tutorial on making interactive menus here on tgc forum (With Hidden Button Zones), and I have seen how it's done with different colors by using 2 bitmaps the one displayed on the game screen and the one that checks are being made to see if the color is black (no clickable area) or a color (clickable area). How can I connect a path between those two dots so that while you have clicked, over a timer a dot will follow that path (to show for example that time passes by, or having random events) ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:56