Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Few questions before i buy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:15
Hey. I'm a complete noob at making games. But making FPS is like; well a dream come true tbh.
Few questions.

How easy is it to make a good fps game?. The most experience i've had is editing maps for unreal tournament 2004.
Multiplayer. Does it work? And if yes; is it easy to setup?
Thanks. =]

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:29
How easy is it to make a good fps game?.

Very hard but it depends on what your vision of a good fps game is and FPSC is easier than any other engine to make a game with. With some ingenuity, skill and effort one should be able to make a very good game if you are prepared to work within the bounds of what the engine can do well and design a game around that. You can not fight the engine, trick it a little maybe.

Mutiplayer does it work?

Yes.

Easy to set up?

Yes.

Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:36
Yay, thanks loads uman. My moms gonna buy it tomorrow, can't wait to make a decent *Cough* ww2 game

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:37 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 01:37
Quote: "How easy is it to make a good fps game?"

It depends on how good you are at level design An FPS engine is only half the battle, you need at least a good level design, an eye for lighting and a good story to keep the player interested. If you've done UT maps then you're on your way and FPSC must be the easiest FPS engine available but don't expect UT quality gameplay. I would definitely recommend it.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:42
I was a complete and utter noob before I had FPSC. I barely knew how to operate my computer. I woke up one morning and said, I want to make a game. Lol. So I knew I would have to start small and that's exactly what FPSC is perfect for. Not only have I learned nearly ALL of the basics for mapping, I learned other things like texturing and modeling. Though I'm not good at modeling or texturing, I know about it, I know where to start with it.

FPSC is probably the best program there is to start out with.

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:52 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 02:53
Quote: "How easy is it to make a good fps game?"

(Adds Player Start Marker, Adds AirMod, hires level designer, makes game level, adds weapons, adds FOV, pays story writer to make up a story, buys out small company and uses resources to fuel game, makes Win Zone, pays professional website designer millions, gets game published by EA, or Microsoft, or some other big time publisher, distributes game to friends and family, achieves monoply in near feature in FPS games by buying all other companies, all gamers in the world bow down to you )

I say its pretty easy
Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 14:24
Haha thanks everyone
I've had a little practice with unreal editor. Was rubbish; but i've watched vids. Just gotta wait about 10 minutes till my moms buying it =]
Gonna buy all the model packs too; haha

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 15:47
Quote: "Gonna buy all the model packs too"

That will definitely up your game making experience no end!

Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 16:43
Yup =]
On the look for some more now; haha

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:26:03