Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Characters Walking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 01:32
When I put charters in my level they just walk in place(coming towards player, but in place). I have tried to move them up or down just encase they were to close to ground. I have not change any of the settings for the characters.
Any ideas?

Love the program. FPS Creator 1.09
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
What type of floor segment are you using? I've heard that this happens with certain floor segments and gantries, for whatever reason. Try them on a different segment for troubleshooting purposes...if they work on other floor segments then you'll know which ones to avoid.

I've fixed a few segments by getting my hands dirty, changing the y offset value in the .FPS file to -51 works in some cases.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 21:44
Some characters seem to dislike it when the segment pieces are set as overlays instead of rooms. So, if the segments you're using are indicated by an O-icon when painting them onto the level, that might be the problem. Otherwise, I'd also suggest the workaround bond mentioned; lower the segments Y-offset to -51. Floors are usually set to -50.
Hope that helps.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 22:58 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 00:16

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Charaters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 00:07
Thanks.
I am using the DTI-LSCape, I figured it out(I think), I checked automatic floor and it seems to work on level 0. Have not tried it on any other level, but I plan too.

Also, I have the Model Pack 18 and am having 2 problems with characters.
1.Dwarf character spawns above ground(image attached) and stays there until player gets close then drops to ground. Character is set on ground in map editor.

2.Getting fantasy characters to follow way points.
I have read manual and tried using the pace.fpi but nothing happens.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:18:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:18:06