Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / source code questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 02:37
some of you may have noticed i have allot of questions and thats because im a noob. i appreciate your help. anyway wat i want to know is what are the limitations of the source code. specifically in the ai area (ill post more questions later here regarding source so sorry)
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 08:38
Yes there are alot of limitations. First off you NEED Darklights and DarkBASIC Professional. They only give you the engine source code, not the mapeditors. The source is pretty raw, meaning that if you modify it to much without being aware of everything that you ARE modifying, may cause it to crash, or just not compile, so be aware of your surroundings. Also, we can only have the version 1.07 source coding, meaning that people that use your mod must be using version 1.07 or 1.08. (some mods work on early betas of version 9) .
Also, there are bugs that sometimes cannot be fixed by you, take the dynamic light problem for example, that cannot be fixed from the source, because It's a difference in a version of one of the DBP DLL's that Lee has versus the one we get. (thanks Airslide).
As for the AI, I can't answer much of that area, although it can be modified (I think) to your limitations.
Hope this helped,
Rampage

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 16:55
thanks rampage its helpful
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh. Thats why it wont compile..lol. I need darklights
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 09:00
Lol read the text in the rem section, it will say that, I my self need to invest in another copy of DarkLights so my mod will compile once again.

woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 22:13
yeah i was wondering why i couldn't find rampage mod on the forums
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 08:55
Lol yea, I have DarkLIGHTS now, but am working a bit with another member at the moment with the source.

woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 02:20
ok well let me know when its out
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 03:11
Look at http://www.RampageMOD.webs.com
for more details, I made it like yesturday so nothing special just yet. Just a few bits of information and a gallery of pictures will be out soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:55