Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3d models and textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking and saw that when you want to get a 3d object you get the model and then get the texture and then add the texture to the model. So does that mean one 3d model can only have 1 texture or multiple textures. I am mainly talking about a 3d character becuase I usually use more that one images to texture it.
ProdCake
Years of Service
User Offline
Not really, i'm pretty sure that you just have the texture files in the same models directory and it sets the textures up automatically, all you have to do is call that model and it would get all the texture stuff inside it as well as the name of the texture

Robot Dog
Brillig
Years of Service
User Offline
I did a simple test to see if I could load 2 textures on one model (in this case a "map"). It doesn't look right at all.

I thought I'd post my experiment in case having a concrete example would spark any ideas.

In the attached zip file, you'll find a .x model with two textures (stolen from the web). Load it in DXViewer - it looks fine with grass on the bottom and a checkerboard on the walls. However, you'll also find a jpeg of what it looks like loaded in DarkGDK (with some random models you can ignore . If you increase the poly count of the map model, the textures only get more jumbled!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scope 51791
Years of Service
User Offline
So, then when you want to texture a 3d object, you have to fit all the textures into one image. That Suckz!
Brillig
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, maybe someone who's more familiar with the API will know a way to fix it. *crosses fingers!*
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 13:36
If the textures 'jumbled' then you aren't updating the UV data, this has nothing to do with GDK. GDK can have multiple textures on an object, either multiple on the same limb(texture stages), or a separate texture per limb, or both. Look at the dbTextureLimb() function.

Scope 51791
Years of Service
User Offline
So aslong if I have the correct uv's for the model, then it should be ok to have multiple textures?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:19:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:19:16