Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK Updates?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, Haven't been on here is some time. so i have just finished reading DarkGDK is now FREE with Visual Studio 2008 post.

If i am understanding this right to use the latest version of the gdk i have to upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 Express. Is there a reason that Visual Studio 2005 Standard can not be used anymore.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 06:14
You can make it work, but there isn't reason to go through with the hassle.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
Wilvis
Years of Service
User Offline
Guess i will be trying to make it work. cause i don't want have two version of visual studio install and i do not want express.

but it would be nice if the product i purchased still worked in the environment it was advertised to work in.

thank you again TGC for becoming like microsoft and forcing your customers to upgrade.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 05:48
It shouldn't be too difficult. Just more so than with the regular installer.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 18:08
two editions of visual studio work hand in hand, to the extent when you double click a C++ file on my computer little pop up box says "which program would you like to run this with" and lsits my versins of VC. trouble is when I want to open in quincy. what do I do then, microsoft? I have to open it with a right click. But it shouldnt be too ahrd to use it with another version, you just have to set up the lib and include directories manually.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:24:29