Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help With Raised Warehouse Loading Bay

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 06:34
I have Model Pack 3, and I can't figure out if there's a way to use the raised bay segments to create a loading bay area that is actually on two different levels, rather than having it rise up to the dock height, then have no way to keep the floor at the same height as the raised bay. If I'm not making sense, here is a screen shot, of how I want it to look.

What I'm trying to do: (look at the garage doors where the guy is standing) http://www.thegamecreators.com/g/newsletter/issue43/yard.jpg
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 10:54
I'm afraid that is a 3D render and not in FPSC. I tried myself but failed

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 15:30 Edited at: 31st Jul 2008 15:33
Not sure exactly what you mean but if I understand correctly - it is possible to position a horizontal object such e.g. floor at any height position. The position needs to be indicated in the objects script file and it is possible depending upon the source and original creation of the objects model that it may have to be repositioned in the vertical in a model editor. It can be tricky but can be done successfully.

As with many things FPSC sometimes things go well and easily and other times some considerable effort is required to achieve a result.

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 21:12
Hyjacking this thread (what? it keeps the forums tidy)

Who is the character or'guy' in the render.

Thanks

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 21:14
A random merc character. Not released in FPSC.

Also, there is a way to do this. All you have to do is set the y position of the door up a bit so it doesn't appear halfway above the Loading Bay segments.

Gunn3r Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:20:17