Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / @ Raven ... those .dlls you've mentioned....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2003 22:25
@ Raven,

You mentioned you were close to releasing a .dll to allow enhanced matrix/terrain creation/control... what is the @ eta?

Also, you mentioned you might author a .dbo plugin for Milkshape if/when we get the .dbo documentation, load object, save object etc for .dbo files... are you still up for it?
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:00
@ Raven,

?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:21
the terrain DLL is comming along nicely... right now i've as good as finished the actual functions and i'm working on the extra Shader DLL so you can use my texture shader language with it or full pixel/vertex/cg/hlsl shaders on it.

i'd say i'm about 2weeks of release, 2 reasons being i want to produce a very comprehensive help (similar depth to that which i gave with my MessageBox plugin test) and i always want to try and make some stunning things with it to show off what its truely capable of.

however i'll see about getting some screenshots of what i have currently up as soon as i have the time to make something basic - currently i'm working on models for something.

also as SOON as i get my hands on the DBO documentation i'll be working on an import/export for milkshape/max/softimage/maya (as i have the SDKs for these)
though i have a feeling i have a long wait before i can get my hands on it.

patence is a real virtue right now, especially as alot of my projects are comming to a close.
Zelda:TSP for example will be released on the 11th August and i've got alot of bug crunching to do before then, might be 4 weeks away but that is ONLY 4 weeks and i've still got alot of stuff i want in it yet.

don't wait on my DLLs for anything because as soon as thier released there will be a moderate learning curve to use them for anything other than simply replacing the matrix.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:29
Raven, you got any screens of TSP wouldn't mind having a look at that!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:29
Heheh, Raven, maybe I'll have to delay my matrix editor a little, and try to learn some of these extended commands.
(Long as you let me use your dll, royalty free, eheheh.)
(we can negotiate later )
Moderate learning curve though, hmmmm, I'll give it a shot.

Quote: "patence is a real virtue right now"

Take your time then, I'm in no hurry myself, and neither should you. (unless you need these projects completed by a deadline.)
I never really like getting rushed products, and having them patched later.

Whatever though, I'll just look forward to those commands once you finish.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 04:08
yes, deadline,deadline,deadline! Unlock the nFinity forums! Why were they closed in the first place?

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 04:39
Mattman they're probebly locked for good reason. Like, maybe the site is being redone, or a new forum board or something.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 05:13
oh they've been locked for a reason (just like the little blurb says) and its a bloody good reason too

you guys will just have to wait and see, think you'll be pleasently surprised (^_^)
trust me my DLLs aren't in any rush - everything is being miticulously developed, as this is probably the first TPF DLL that includes its own interface which can be accessed by other languages at the same time (god knows why you'd want to but its possible)

mainly cause i didn't want to rewrite this specifically for DBP, so have the DBP DLL plug the actual interface DLL which will reside in the system and be used in other Engines - a good example would be Luma is now using it

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 05:26
when will it be unlocked? I probably should not ask you here, but you're forums are closed and i have a question... What will we do for game saves? Memory Cards?

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
Cpt Caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 09:37
Anything subject you meantioned Raven was you were thinging about trying to incorporate a commercial physics engine into DBPro, I think it was Karma?? did you have any success with that??
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 11:06
i still am, i've completely rewritten it already ... i'm just unsure howto go about it right now.
the dynamics system requires as small latencies as possible - which is a major problem i've been having as the only way i can get data about objects is through DBpros DLLs and memblocks ... which not only wastes alot of time but memory as well.

unfortunately you'd be talking about 100ms and above reaction times using DBP's memblocks, when natively it is capable of 10-42ms.
so i'd either have to constantly keep models loaded for faster access, or downgrade exactly what the physics detected.
its very annoying considering if DBS would just release the data structures and interfaces to this engine - even if it is just to the 3D then that would mean i could do things in real time.

it would've also ment i wouldn't have taken so long on the terrain dll - it wasn't until i had made the actual interface for that i decided to develop it more open to whatever language wanted to access it.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 22:02
@ Raven,

I can certainly wait for that...
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 23:18 Edited at: 17th Jul 2003 23:18
Something as major as this is likely to suffer a few delays though .

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 23:37
well i never really set any timeframes for anything, just a "its done when its done" attitude.

each time the DLLs are beta tested for me i get alot of good feedback. should be uploading the private online beta sometime soon for the rest of the FMTau guys and Beta subscribers to checkout.

i have a demo i'm working on right now though that will show both the geoterra & darkkarma DLLs hopefully at close to thier fully potencial in DBP ... and it includes that gun i've shown recently, so you can just think what level of graphics i'm working towards.
once i finish the dragon i'll be showing that too.

it will REALLY be worth the wait, but no doubt it'll also be good to show up some inuse bugs - as it'll need to use nearly all 400 commands.
i've also decided to go with my backup of howto do the Mesh Commands, they'll be using the memblocks - but when you access them they'll also use my reserved buffer data to actually access them like Dx would. (makes my life simpler)

we're looking at all of this within the next month, so if all goes according to plan ya'll have these DLLs before i turn 21

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:24:27