Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Just another Newb

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 01:32
Hi! Im A newbee to Dark basic 2d making and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to put me in the right direction ive been reading alota tutorials and i know about strings, variables, arrays etc. but im kinda having trouble on putting it all together to make a 2d game anything will help thanks! :-s
DumbNewbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 01:50
Oh ya I forgot to add i can make simple shapes like circles move around but im really wanting to know how to make map editors and such for a start

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:27
A map editor? Thats pretty big for a start. Check out the G-Mecha and SpaceJump games at my website in the downloads section. Start with stuff like that, because thats what I did when I first started out.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 03:30
Map editors deal with arrays, and camera movement, and tons of sprites or objects, so dont start there unless you're willing to work a little bit. If you want a level editor, look at my editor in the code snippets area. It might help. Converting it to 2D might be hard though (dont know, after attempting to port my 83+ version of spacecop to the comp, I started 3D graphics.)

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
DumbNewbee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 04:37
Well I just wanted a Map editor for the game i was gunna make,not to make one, and on ur web site i cant find a downloads section

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2003 06:32
You might need to wait a bit, I use flash in my webpage, and it takes forever to load.

Niall777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2003 01:07
I know that to make a sprite animate you either need one big strip of images or several images.
I prefer the several images.
Can any1 tell me if this is ok?

just a little bit of help!

zzabb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 06:57
change your code a little and it will work

My advice is free -
unfortunately you get what you pay for (-:
ReD_eYe
Years of Service