Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Rudimentary Tile Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I've been working on my game and I have the most rudimentary tile system ever yet I haven't see one on here I figured I'd post the beginnings of it. If anyone has any suggested improvements feel free to make them and I'll gladly update the code. Hopefully this helps some newbie get a grip on how things run.
Side note: I realize I'm including cpp, feel free to clean that up for your own project or you can wait until I'm done and by then it'll be clean.
Main.cpp-

player.cpp-

Sector.cpp is where all the fun happens. Below this I'll be attaching a sample sector file.
Sector.cpp-

Enum.h-

Matrix.cpp-

sector_1.txt-

Just remember spacing really really matters in the text file. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
A small side thought:
Could use the text file on everything above the ground level to be a sprite and use built in collision detection. Just something to think about. I'll test it out and post some code when I see how it goes.

Charles Thompson

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:26:30