Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can Someone Help Me?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am workin on a project right now...and in my first opening sequence...i have a living room...but for some reason it wont lemme put a cover over the house...the roof and celiens dont work..it jus goes straight to the floor...even if i toggle through all the layers...how can this be fixed?...if ur in a house you dont wanna b able to see the sky ya know?...lol im jus wondering how to fix it...thanks

I Am Not Afraid To Keep On Living!
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not sure what you are saying, please slow down and carefully type out what you are saying. Also pictures of problems are nice to have as well.
Micavity
Years of Service
User Offline
ok...u want me to slow down?...i cant slow down my typing...what im saying..is...that...the....celiene....idk...how...to...spell...it...but in your house when u look up...u see it...when i try to make a celiene...or a roof...it dosnt work...it just deletes walls i have already made...i have added a pic...i just want to know why i cant make a simple ceiling....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
My being a smartass, you just lost any chance of anyone helping you.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 05:10
It would help to know what you are doing (the procedure) to try and put the ceiling on. Have you turned off auto ceiling?

Normally, you press the + key to go up a level, select a ceiling from the library, and left click it into place in the editor. Is that what you are doing?

Micavity
Years of Service
User Offline
yea x...i jus wanna put a ceiling on my house...thats it...im sorry but it jus seems everyone thinks its so complicated...and jeremiah i am sorry...but really
Quote: "i have a living room...but for some reason it wont lemme put a cover over the house...the roof and celiens dont work"
i really dont see how its hard to see that all i want to do with my FPS Noob self is to put a ceiling on my simply noob house...so the sky isnt showing through the top
Quote: "if ur in a house you dont wanna b able to see the sky ya know?..."

thanks again xplosys =)

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me show you how to write logical and concise questions.

Quote: "Hi, I am trying to place a ceiling in my game, but unfortunately I am still very new to this software and have not yet read nickydudes excellent manual which is found right here! and is also stickied at the top of the page "

In this re-created message, I cared enough about the community to have the respect to use punctuation and proper capitalization. I knew without these, I would not be able to communicate effectively and understood that I would not be able to get any help, as those that would be nice enough to take time out of their very busy schedules would be unable to read my chicken scratch.

Lets continue...

Quote: "What I am asking, is, how can I place a ceiling on the segments I have used to create my room? I am seeing the sky, so I am assuming that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help that you can provide,
Micavity"

on a final note, please refrain from using nonsense terms such as noob, ya know, ur, or lemme as these are all signs of laziness and a simple mind.
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 20:16
Quote: "yea x...i jus wanna put a ceiling on my house"

Then go out, get a job, work really hard (or whatever), go to a shop and BUY A CEILING!

a trinslatiun for u:
get job n do stuff n buy a celiene

Hope that helped.

Jonathan Hay
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 23:22
Are you sure you are on the level ABOVE the ground?
to do this you press the button with the + and a .
If you need more help i will make movie to show.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:30