Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Syntax

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
wats up, im using DarkGDK for my C++ lib, and I have a problem with the syntax... I'm looking at the Dark GDK information file (Start > The Game Creators > Dark GDK > Documentation > Information), and it looks like it conflicts with the IntelliSense from VC++ (MS Visual C++ 2008 express) - Say, the Info file says: void dbSprite ( int iSprite, int iX, int iY, int iImage ).
Then the pop up box in VC++ will say: void dbSprite ( int iID, int iX, int iY, int iImage ). There are some other functions/codes that are a lot more changed...

How would write the syntax for this code, say dbInk? And what's the difference between: int iID and int iImage? Please help, and I hope this message made sense. Thx!!

Don't Clap, Just Throw Money!
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 20:40
There is no difference. It's simply the image ID.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 21:06
Just a difference between the documentation and the prototype found in the header file.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
ketchup mustard
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx, im excited that you guys replied as fast as u did ^____^

i have one more problem, how do u get dbInk to work? thx again!!

Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 03:23
What do you mean? It simply changes the color for dbBox, dbCircle, dbLine, etc.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 13:12
you use dbInk with dbRGB mostly. so:

dbInk(dbRGB(int foregroundred, int foregroundgreen, int foregroundblue), dbRGB(int backgroundred, int backgroundgreen, int backgroundblue))

each of those ints must be from 0 to 255
ketchup mustard
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, i tried dbInk with dbRGB and it didnt color the background, i dont have a foreground yet. It did color the text, however. Mahoney is probably right about the dbBox implementation, but still if u can think of a way to fix it, do tell. Ur replies are much appreciated.

I am working on a 2D sidescroll, much like Megaman X, where the screen moves when he moves; not like the first Megaman where the screen changes to certain 'bits' of the level. What would be the best way to do this?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 03:23:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 03:23:38