Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / plz plz help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when i use the benge sprite pack i use them but they dont show when i test the game

(ps.when i put them in the level the look like a bunch of arrows.):\\\'(:\\\'(:\\\'(:\\\'(

3.2.1..... BOOM!
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
The arrows are correct. But as for them not showing up when testing the game? Hmmm.... trying reinstalling fpscreator and updating to the latest version. Or you might want to check out your preferences and build game preferences.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 06:57 Edited at: 11th Aug 2008 07:08
Yup, you are going to see arrows. They represent a 3D axis. The red arrow is the x axis, blue, y and the green z axis. This indicates the space the sprite will take up -- well, maybe not exactly but close.

You do have to do a lot of experimenting with these sprites. As far as not seeing a sprite. Which one are you trying that you can't see. Please don't tell me all of them. Be specific, please.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
brandon 385
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 06:58 Edited at: 8th Jun 2010 04:23
anyone of them.

3.2.1..... BOOM!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 07:03 Edited at: 11th Aug 2008 07:25
Did you try the "Fire Wall?" Mine is located in the path "entitybank\generic\Benge sprites\emission"

Put a 3 x 5 ground platform down on your map. Select the "fire wall" place it at the top of the map. Put your player marker down at the bottom. Click the test button. It works for me. I am using FPSC v113 beta 1.

Addendum:

A tip for using sprites; especially if you are using a surface sprite that takes up a full block and you want to cover a larger area. Select the sprite you want and then before putting it down, press the <B> key twice. This will lock it into a single square. Then you can just place the sprite down one right after another and they will be aligned perfectly -- close enough it is hard to notice. This is also useful for segments.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:23:45