Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / On-screen effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 12:17
How can i produce some on-screen effects? I'm talking about some sequence of images or a single image that may reproduce old film, nightvision... and similar.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 13:01
Yes, use a HUD (heads up display)

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 13:07
I think this concerns both of your posts in this thread.

I think the effects you are trying to acheive can be gained by creating full screen 'huds' (heads up display) but I havn't messed about with 'huds' before so I can't tell you the process.

There have been other posts before about this so its worth searching the Forum for this (use- 'Hud').

All the best of luck.
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:09
Shame on me, never though about using the HUD as an effect. And i can change the HUD dynamically (during the game) through scripts, right?

Thanks for the help, guys. However, i have another question. Can the HUD be animated? I would like to reproduce an "old film" effect on-screen, but an static image would be terrible for this.
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, this can be done through scripts, here is an example to help you: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=134846&b=23.

Diablosbud Productions - a name for the game's developed by me.
Wilbur
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2008 01:41
At the bottom of EVERY forum page there is a search box. Use it.

Wilbur
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 01:47
I know how to use the search feature, Wilbur. Unfortunately, i couldn't find anything about on-screen effects. After all, i didn't had a good keyword to search for. There is no need to post a extremely non-constructive post like this, Wilbur.

Like Aaagreen said, i tried using the HUD and so i searched for some HUD threads here. I did found something about animated DDS, but, couldn't know if it's possible to have an animated HUD at all. Anyone knows if animated DDS may work as a solution?
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 02:52 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 02:54
I just showed you one, three posts above a script you can download, it uses a series of pictures to form an animation when the player is below 30 health. I think if you get some help you can make your on-screen effect you want by modifying the script.

Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 04:42
I saw your script, Diablos, but i'm trying to create an animated HUD, not just displaying a single image.
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 19:38
Does motion blurr come under this heading?
like ,stuff thats in MOH games, the shaking, the blood ,the drowziness

I am 75% noob at fpsc atm, but i plan on making a ww2 game, and these effects owuld be nice.

In a nutshell:
Im watching this topic

I am going to make a company, but i need ideas for a name?
-bennyboy2321@msn.com Please help, or just chat about this awesome-wicked-godlike-bbqsauceable program
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 22:17
there is no motion blur with out editing the source.
and here is a script which you can modify to "animate" a HUD

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 00:32
It works!

Many many thanks Dar13!
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Dar13: This is cool, thank you for posting this, I can think of so many ways to use this . But I could use your help figuring out how to do a few things with that script please. What I would apreciate your help accomplishing is getting it to damage the player, and play a sound every time an image is displayed, even if it is replacing another image in the chain? Also could the sound, and damage be setup for each specific image in the chain that way it can play a different sound, or different damage dealt every image? Could you please help me add these few things? I would really like your help, or anyone's for that matter in accomplishing this task. Please someone help me.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 05:28
hmm...sounds relatively easy but I need this...which setup do you want to use? and how do you want to damage the player(through enemy attack or what?)? I'd be glad to help just need some more detail on exactly what you want.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I was thinking of say making a trigger zone with this script in it, so when you go in it the screen effect activates, with damaging to the player (is for a multiplayer game with Lemur V2 Free), and plays a sound. That way it would be possible to make even more realistic fire, and such.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 00:56
testing right now Diablos Bud...

Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, thanks Dar13.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:31:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:31:21