Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Compilation Error...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey iv'e just goten GDK and have been playing around with it and visual C++ for a while now. Anyway I decided to make a simple pong game and everything seems to work ok.

The only problem is I keep getting this compilation error. There appears to be no reason for it appearing and if i attempt to compile again it will dissapear and run just fine. However it is getting annoying as it tends to occur quite frequently when I compile and I dont like to have any errors in my game.

Anway I am quite new to everything and am not sure entirely what is going on. I would like to fix whatever is causing this error but it is quite confusing as sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not, even though I have not touched the code in anyway. I have tried unsuccesfully to isolate what code is causing the error.
Which leads me to believe something else is causing the error"

The compile log below says error result 31 returned. Is there anyway to determine what exactly this error is?

1>------ Build started: Project: Pong, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>LINK : Debug\Pong.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\0ther\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\C++ Projects\Pong\Pong\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Pong - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 18:33
Quote: "#include "darkSDK.h""

is this a header I haven't heard of?

~you can call me lantz~
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 18:34
I would suggest googling "error PRJ0002"

~you can call me lantz~
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 19:03
Quote: "1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe'."

There's the error.
Disable the manifest - you don't need it.

Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Manifest File, set Generate Manifest to No.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 03:43:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 03:43:51