Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Need original music for a rythm game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 18:12
Before you yell at me, just listen.
I have a WIP called "Guitar Villain"
It is a customizable rhythm game that essentially mimics Guitar hero's controls and scoring system. What makes this game different from Guitar Hero, is that you can upload and play your own songs.
So Here's what I'm asking:
Does anyone want their music featured in Guitar Villain?
I'm NOT asking you to make NEW music. (Although if you want to, thats fine.) I AM asking you to possibly volunteer some of your already finished songs for this game.
When it is finished, you will, of course, be given full credit for your song.
I hate to be picky, but I'd PREFER songs that meet the following qualifications:
1) Be at least 1.5 minutes long.
2) No crude offensive lyrics.
3) No repeatedly looping tracks. A few loops is fine, but if its just the same 10 second track repeating over and over and over, its not going to be much fun to play
4) You MUST own the FULL COPYRIGHT of the song you are volunteering!!! DO NOT submit someone else's work unless you have their express permission!
5) It must be possible to transcribe it into a playable track. If you don't think you could transcribe it into a Guitar Hero track, don't submit it.
6) I would PREFER that all tracks be one of the following instruments, although I will consider others:
Guitar
Piano/Keyboard
Drums
NO vocals-only songs.

SO any volunteers?

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
www.threeswordsproductions.com
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 22:33 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 22:41
Uhmm I'm only posting this since you haven't got any other replies yet, but will this do: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131852&b=34 ?

It's got Guitar, Piano, Drums, and varying levels of difficulty troughout the song. But it might be a little repetitive here and there. I don't know, it's the only song in my arsenal yet that comes closest to your requirements. I have "better" songs, but they are not completely mine because they are remixes and such of songs that isn't mine to begin with, like the Mega Man 3 one, and Dam.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 09:34
Here's one I'm working on converting for use with Guitar Hero. I also posted in your thread - but this has the full song MIDI.

VIDEO OF NOTE SET

Song attached as MIDI.

Cheers,

-naota

I'm not a dictator to those that do stuff for me by will. Only those who don't.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 18:00
@ Grandma:
Great track! I'm definitely gonna include that, it sounds great. If you make anything else, let me know!
@Aaron Miller:
Sound very good! Thats going in, too! I'll have to check out the video later, though. I'm at the library and they don't have the newest flashplayer. So youtube = no.
Thanks to both of you guys! These are going to be really helpful!

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 03:08
@Omega
Alright here's two songs. The coffee one can be used as a stress test of sorts since it's only about 38~ seconds long - and almost impossible to play on a real guitar (It goes at about 20 notes per second, world record I believe is 28).

The one I made a video of above is now completed - the name of it is "Impatience" (It's the impatience.sng file).

You can view the notes/times using the Freetar Editor. Meanwhile I'll try to make a .MP3 from the song as they're currently MIDI - I'll have to find a way to properly record how the song sounds - I might have to use my microphone and record what the computer is outputing, lol.

Cheers,

-naota

Attachments

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 03:14
Actually, now that I think of it, it would be best for you to send me the .Midi file. That way, I can look at the notes and chart out the song more easily. I'll convert it into an mp3 later. Thanks for the songs so far guys! Keep 'em coming!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 03:47
Well - you have the MIDI file for the song. The Freetar .SNG format already has everything charted out so if you just download the freetar editor you can just copy the notes over.

Cheers,

-naota

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 13:12
Tip @ mr Miller: Use QMidi's record option, if you don't have any other means of recodring. It will record any midi stream that is currently playing.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 17:43
Ah, I wasn't aware that the .SNG format was the same as the .midi format. I'll get right on that, thanks.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " but they are not completely mine because they are remixes"

Not that i want to sound like a negative nancy or anything, but the creator of the music you remix must give you permission to use it or make it availible on the web before you do anything with it.

Omega gamer:
I doubt my music is what you're looking for but if you find anything you like, feel free to use it
http://www.soundclick.com/peacemaker

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 19:52
@Lucifer:
Could you possibly upload your songs as a zip file? I'm at school, and the stupid filters are denying me access to that website because its a Media download site.
I can't use a proxy either, cause it blocks access to those, too!

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:03
Quote: "Not that i want to sound like a negative nancy or anything, but the creator of the music you remix must give you permission to use it or make it availible on the web before you do anything with it."

Well, that's only if it's a real remix amirite? By real, I mean remix as in the strict definition of the word. I did not use ANY audio from the original songs to make the tracks with. Thus remix is not the right word for it.

@ Omega gamer 89

Thanks!
And I will.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:33
Of course you can't copy someone else's work (regardless if you track it yourself or rip it straight off the original recording) and then call it your own. If you do state that it is indeed the work of [mr. Composer] and do not charge anything for it, you'd think everything should be allright.
Still, I'm not really sure; technically you can give people access to some glorious song of the composer without him earning squat for it in this way, and would be kind of comparable to file sharing. Still... hm, I just don't know
For my own part, I would probably consider it ok if it were a song that most people had already heard / could hear on the radio or something, but I don't know otherwise...

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:53
Quote: "Of course you can't copy someone else's work (regardless if you track it yourself or rip it straight off the original recording) and then call it your own."

For your sake, I hope you wrote that to remind stupid people about what not to do. If it was directed at me, you may not wake up tomorrow morning.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 00:01 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 00:03
Nah, I just decided to enter the discussion about whether or not you needed to ask the author's approval for between you and Lucifer. By the way, I'm going away out in the country for a few days (to a tremendously remote place, I dare say) - I doubt you could find me up there, but if you do, maybe you could bring one of those fancy norwegian sousaphones (I'll get the euphonium)

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 00:17
Haha....hmmm

I will bring a chessboard and some cursed swedish fish.

And also, what IS the word for a "remix" that doesn't have any audio from the original song in it...?

Fan track is too generic...
Homage is just a bit to epic
Tribute perhaps?

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 02:14
@Rudolpho
When I try to lay out the notes from the recorded WAV from the option you suggested the notes can get entirely off. For example, a 1/4th note will play fine then a 1/8th note will play (In the MIDI) at the same beat as if the 1/4th was a 1/8th - which is what I rely on. However, in the WAV version it'll play the 1/4th - wait for the 1/4th to complete - and then play the 1/8th - creating a horrible offset when trying to chart out the notes. :/

@Omega
No the formats aren't the same - at least I don't think so. What I meant was that if you download the Freetar editor you can view the guitar hero notes that are intended to be there, versus the MIDI notes which obviously don't fall under 5 steps.

Cheers,

-naota

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 10:31
@Grandma: nice

@Aaron: Hm, that's not what I expected. Oh well, maybe the recorder is more integrated with QMidi than I expected. You could ask the recording parts creator (chunks chunks) or google for somw wave recording program. My soundcard (of the soundblaster type) features this kind of doing straight from the soundcard control console, maybe yours do too.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 17:40
@ Aaron Miller: I just meant that they were the same in the sense that both formats let you see notes. but, yeah, I'll check out that Freetar thing. Thanks.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 18:00
@ Aaron Miller: can you upload the Freetar editor? I can't find a working download. The one on mediafire says it has some kind of key error, and the freetar homepage (freetar.net) no longer seems to exist. It comes up in a google search, but then, theres nothing there.

music for media
Years of Service
User Offline
heya,
let me know if you'd like to use any of my music

www.soundtrack.ie

I make a few different types of music, so let me know if you would like anything

www.soundtrack.ie
www.filmandgamecomposers.com
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, i can't upload them as a .zip file, that would take forever and it would slow down the internet for the other people using my internet connection so i dont think that's posible

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 21:32 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 21:33
@Music for media:
I'll check that out as soon as I get the chance.

@Lucifer:
Ah, okay, I'll try to get one of my friends to let me use his internet.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 01:09
You can download it here - but I didn't test this link
I'll try and upload mine later.

Cheers,

-naota

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 01:47
Quote: "@ Aaron Miller: can you upload the Freetar editor? I can't find a working download. The one on mediafire says it has some kind of key error, and the freetar homepage (freetar.net) no longer seems to exist. It comes up in a google search, but then, theres nothing there."

Why freetar? EoF and FeedBack are far better and easier...

Make games, not war.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 01:05
@ Aaron Miller: Thats the link I tried before, it doesn't work. Please upload it when you get the chance.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 03:29
Oh it is? Well I'll try and remember to zip up the editor and put it on my USB.

@Accoun
Eof and FeedBack? FeedBack feels weird, but I've never tried EoF. I'll have a look at that one.

Cheers,

-naota

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 02:33
Sorry it took so long to upload it. :/

Here it is, the freetar editor.

Cheers,

-naota

Attachments

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 05:26 Edited at: 30th Aug 2008 05:33
Thanks, Aaron. Now I can get some work done on this. Yay!
EDIT: Aaron, the first song wont open in the editor. It says it can't find coffee.mid. Did you include this with one of your uploads?

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 01:07
I did include it. I know why it can't find it though.

Open the .SNG file in a text editor (such as notepad) then direct it to the file (Change the directory - it's text editable).

I don't like the .SNG format tbh. I prefer the Guitar Hero MIDI based format (Same as the Frets on Fire format) - but the freetar editor only works with the .SNG format.

Cheers,

-naota

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 05:26
Ah, thanks. I'll get on that.

K RIO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 19:41
Here is a song you can use if you want

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:24:13