Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / MikePrint class - dbPrint Improved

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 22:54 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 23:57
I wrote this because I was fed up with using dbPrint which is what I consider to be a poorly designed command.

The main thing that irritated me when using dbPrint was having to constantly convert data to meet dbPrint's needs because it only took a small number of data types. MikePrint more or less ends this problem.

MikePrint's key features are:
-Create text area objects who's properties can be individually changed e.g. font, text style, text color, text background color, text size etc.
-Wrap text on a per word basis or a per letter basis.
-Easily print most data types without manually converting between one an other. The system used is similar to that of “iostream.h”'s cout.

Below is an example application that uses MikePrint. There are 3 text area's (top left, top right and bottom) all with different text and properties.

Screenshot:

Code:

MikePrint files and documentation are attached to this post in a zip file, click download to get them. The documentation explains how to get going with MikePrint.

Let me know what you think of this and if there are any problems with it

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 04:07
Great work! Internalized word wrapping is something I feel this library has always needed, be it the GDK or even DBPro.

My site, for various stuff that I make.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:22:31