Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Linker error with Visual C++ 2008: Express Edition?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to compile some DarkGDK stuff and Visual C++ 2008: Express Edition won't let me. This is my linker error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dplayx.lib'. I know I'm supposed to download the August 2007 version of DirectX, but I need the most up-to-date DirectX for other programming endeavors and for gaming. I have Vista Ultimate and I can't be using an out-dated SDK just because the GDK needs a deprecated library. I tried putting the library file into the lib folder in my DirectX SDK 2008 lib folder, but that didn't solve my problem, either. (It actually gave me worse errors.) Any help? Thanks.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 08:56
Quote: "I know I'm supposed to download the August 2007 version of DirectX, but I need the most up-to-date DirectX for other programming endeavors and for gaming."

There isn't a reason to install a newer DX SDK than August 2007. Trust me, you don't need the newer. Remember, we're talking about the SDK, not the runtime. The games you play aren't affected.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:29:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:29:31