Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 01:09
Ok, so I downloaded that efx mod for FPSC x9, and if you don't know what it is, here's a great youtube video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg25AaLcYnQ. YES THEY ARE SPEAKING GERMAN BECAUSE THEY DEVELOPED THE MOD. You can download it in english too from http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/. NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY HAVE FPSC UPDATES 1.07 OR 1.08 FOR IT TO WORK.

Anyways, they say they aren't responsible for basically screwing your computer up. I heard this mentioned in a forum somewhere. If anyone knows of any problems that serious PLEASE let me know.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 01:29
Quote: "FPSC UPDATES 1.07 OR 1.08"

or 1.09

And since I know how people hate copy and pasting onto their address bar, here's a like to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg25AaLcYnQ

and the official website is:

http://efx.helixsoftware.eu/

I personally use it and there have been no problems since i've installed it.

-SC
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 01:43
Nomad, I have FPSC V1.13Beta4. Would this mean I would have to uninstall FPSC and reinstall and upgrade to V1.09 before I could use the mod?

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 01:51
Quote: "Would this mean I would have to uninstall FPSC and reinstall and upgrade to V1.09 before I could use the mod"

Yep.

I think all mods are based on v.1.07? TCG should release the source for a newer version, for compatibility's sake.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 06:51 Edited at: 20th Aug 2008 06:54
If you actually READ the user agreement for most any software, it pretty much says the same thing... but who has the time to actually read that kinda thing when they can just click "I Agree" and open themselves up to humiliation?

Oh, and in case no one knew this, the agreement for iTunes basically says that you are not allowed to use their software for the creation of weapons of mass destruction... Go figure THAT one.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 07:39
Quote: "And since I know how people hate copy and pasting onto their address bar"

Get Firefox and install the Linkification add-on... All text based links get turned into clickable links within seconds of a page loading
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 07:39
I thought everyone new about efx mod lol

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 07:43
in reply to the i tunes licince agreement, i was reading a licince agreement for an old game, said that if you agree to the agreement then do somthing that violates it there is a 98% chance zombies will come and eat your brains.

Survival!
Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 04:33
hahaha zombies ok cool then i'll install btw, I do know some people that have no idea that the efx exists and they know more than i do. pretty sad.
Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 04:38
ya just a quick Q, the graphics for the mod look amazing. do they really suck or are they pretty good?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 08:25
They're pretty good... but just don't expect to have all of them running on a mid-end PC at a decent framerate. (Unless you set it to have very low-res graphics)

The one and only,

Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 15:44
ya my comp will be able to run it smoothly then thx
Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 01:10
guick question, How the heck do you get your effects with the efx mod to stay? every time i exit test game, and start it up later, my water and bloom is gone and i have to do it again.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 01:42
This is a simple scripting solution.

When in test game, record the settings on paper and set up a triggerzone around the player's start position with a script that will set everything to how you had it in test game.

The one and only,

Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 07:39 Edited at: 24th Aug 2008 07:49
ok, i stink at scripting, so could you or someone else make one for me? Just make up something for the settings and i'll fill in my own data. Thx this would help out A LOT!!!!! I know it probably isn't that hard, but I have no experience and couldn't do it if my life depended on it.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 08:42
Be patient and learn mate. There are lots of tutorials all over the internet on fpi scripting, and coding, scripting all that jaz, is a MASSIVE role if you want to get anywhere in the development part of the game industry. Never ask for people to do stuff for you because you think you can't, thing is, you have the means and programs to do it, and a mind, so do it...Its very simple.
Just try your best, post the script if you have problems, and then most of us will be happy to help you out. Because we know that you tried your best, and you learned from it.
Best of luck,
Rampage

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 21:19
Couldn't have said it better myself, Rampage.

You can also check out the official FPSC Guide, I have a bunch of scripting tutorials aimed at newbs like yourself who need to script and have no clue where to start.

The one and only,

Otto42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 05:20
ok cool thanks. I've already started and it will take a while to get it as close as i can to what i need. if it still doesn't work perfectly, then i'll post it and c what u guys can do. thx.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:09