Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Lights Out (full game dbpro)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 06:37 Edited at: 18th Jul 2003 06:38
It's the game Lights Out(hand held) or OkieDoke(atari 2600)
basicly try to turn off all the lighted squares by clicking on them,
be aware clicking one square affects the squares around it.

This is my first 20 line challange and it's a full game with replay and number of move tracking have fun. I left some of the remarks in to help read it.

John Chase (CTP)
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 07:14
Well, even though I cant play it, I'm sure you did a good job. I played a port of Lights Out (a port to the TI83+) and it was pretty good. Too bad my trial of Dark Basic Pro ran out or I wouldnve been playing it quite a bit.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 07:26
well it's nothing special but heres the exe, no media so it's small.
atleast you can play it.
CTP

http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/closetoperfect/lights_out.exe
cusoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 11:48
Nice game! I like it! Thanks for the exe! I don't have DBPro so it's nice you've given the exe.

B-e-a-utiful... Visit my site: www.cuso.tk
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 19:09
Umm, when I downloaded the exe, it wouldnt run. It would open command promt, say something, and before i could read it, it closed command promt.

At first glance, I'm a mediocre mech pilot. Look again and you will see my battlemech's computer code rushing through my eyes. My Mech And I Are One!
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 20:03
It's impsossible to win (or seems like)

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 02:32
I don't know the trick to win, it takes me about 200 moves to beat it. I know theres a easier way, it just eludes me?
CTP
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 05:56
Hmmm, plugged your setup into a few online lights-out solvers and they all claim your layout is unsolvable. Do you have any comments?

Even getting down to one or two lights left, it is still impossible.

R Tape loading error
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 06:28
well it is a random set-up, I guess it could generate a impossible layout on some systems. I didn't know any layouts couldn't be solved. My hand held version has preset layouts but I thought it was just a random seed generator as every preceeding puzzle is different from the last. I'll add a line for a preset layout if needed.

CTP
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 06:53
ok, after a little reading, a 4x4 or a 5x5 puzzle is not always solvable but a 6x6 is. So I've updated the code below, easy enough to do, but I still am not any better at winning, I was hoping to use the old 'that puzzle can't be solved' line as an excuss as to why I couldn't win everytime. Let me know how you like it now.
CTP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:34:41