Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Height of own character / line of sight

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
(I am not sure if I overlooked that issue in the manuel or while searching this forum)

My feeling is that the default height of the own character is too big. It always feels as if the character would look down on the other characters in the game. Is there an option where I can decrease the height of the own character? (e.g., that s/he sees the world from a dwarf-perspective...)?

Thanx!!
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 18:39
I had that request in feature creep but it is impossible in the current version. I was a bit bugged with the size of the other characters but found out that THEY are all scaled down to 80% in their fpe files so you can grow them to your liking by editing the fpe. With a decent text editor you even could do a search and replace for a bunch of characters but be sure to BACKUP before you change anything.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 21:05
...setting their scale to 90% - 95% has given me very good results.

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 04:38
dude havent you read? its all over the forums! they tried to make it so the character is a giant ogre. duh.

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
VUMember
Years of Service
User Offline
Great, thanks! It worked!

For all others:
- I used the FPI EditPad by Flatlander (you can also use WordPad) to edit the .fpe - scripts of the characters (can be found in the entitybank-directory).
- Height of the character can be rescaled by setting for example "scale = 90".

Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:28