Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Infinite Ammo & Can't Kill Enemies...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 22:47
Hello everyone

I got FPS Creator yesterday and I'm slowly picking it all up but I've ran into a snag with my latest level.

I start the level without a Gun, I then continue on until I find a Handgun (the Elite from the TGC Store) and some ammo for said gun but the counter never appears and in the next room whilst shooting at enemies I've placed there for testing I can't kill them however they can kill me. I also seem to have a never-ending supply of bullets.

I've set the Gun to have a quantity of 12 bullets on pick-up and the ammo clip to have 12 bullets also so I know I've not set it to be infinite.

Any help with solving this conundrum would be well appreciated.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:05
When you put in a bullet quantity, it isn't the amount of bullets, it's the amount of clips. A clip could hold any number of bullets, for example 10 so you're picking up 12 clips, which is 120 bullets!

As for the enemies, I'm not sure, are you changing their health in their properties at all?

MechaGS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:12
Thanks Nickydude, that's the bullets issue sussed out now As for the enemies, I've not changed anything from their defaults.

I'm still piling through it to see if I can figure it out myself but I am at my wits end with it. At least the bullets seem to be sorted

I'll look at the Enemy properties but was sure that when I used the Demo they had default attack commands. Maybe it's different in the full?

Anyway, thanks for the help so far
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:19
You may want to take a look at this MechaGS: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21

MechaGS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:25
This is fantastic, I'll give it a read right now. It's got a lot of topics I'd love to cover in my game.

Again, thanks for the help and I hope to stick around for the long haul.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 23:28
The Elite has its damage listed as 0. Change it to around 15 and try to kill them.

I'm back...again
MechaGS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 02:15
Got it all sorted guys and am adding a few of the Scripts which are in the Community Guide aswell. I especially like the HL2 Health Mod

Thanks again
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 08:22
Quote: "I especially like the HL2 Health Mod "

Yet another happy customer.

Glad you're liking FPSC! Keep at it and soon you'll be the one contributing to help out the newer members.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:29:54