Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS problem/question

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
ok well i'm not using a mod (because i don't know how to down garde) so i'm using 1.13 beta 4 of fpsc but i have a level not even that big with 2 npcs that spawn when you go through a trigger zone but the maps top fps is 35 in the begining. it drops as low as 25. so during the level its fps is 25-32. when i build game of that 1 level the fps seems like its in the low 20's this is very annoying and perventing me from moving on in my first game. Is there something i'm doing wrong something i should be doing?
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 01:29
hockeykid

Make sure that any 'entity items' in your level which are not going to be interacted with are set in 'Static mode (red shroud)' and not in 'Dynamic mode (green shroud)'. This will help overall with some framerate issues you are having.
Use the 'Y' key on your keyboard before placing any objects to switch between 'Static and Dynamic modes'.

I hope this helps and all the best of luck.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
i wish this would help but the entitys that i'm not interacting witha re set to static so anyother tips
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 01:50
If you have anything, like say, a long straight corridoor in your level then this can cause slow framerate.

Can't think of any other reason for your problem at the moment but I wish you luck and maybe someone else can help you further.

Best of luck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:23:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:23:56