Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The Ultimate Mod a Sugg!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just curios why doesnt plyster S4real and efx and lemur get together with all there awesome skill and just make one awesome mod

I MEAN it would be nice not having to chose from 3-5 different mods when jsut one with everything can be created
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats hecka true, but we aren't them sadly. Maybe we should unite them some way!
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 03:50 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 22:49
I Know thats what i was thinking cause i like S4reals Mod and efx and plysters looks amazing and i cant have um all so they realy should jsut combine there skills and make one Ultimate Mod [MOD EDIT]

Diablos Bud
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 03:56 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 03:58
I don't think they'd have the time to combine the mods, but S4Mod does have Lemur multiplayer built in as an option. Also think about the filespace it would take up to have 4 mods combine. I am going to try Lemur V2: Free with efxMod though, because that could make for some nice multiplayer gameplay, and another version of the game with S4Mod instead for lower to medium graphics cards, but run on the same gamecode so they can play together. If I can't get efxMod with Lemur I'll try Plystire's, and if not I'll just use S4Mod.

Diablosbud Productions - a name for the game's developed by me.
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
How can i try plysters i could nver find a D/l
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 04:22
dude id pay as much as $50 for that mod, id would be a totely diffrent and new FPSC

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
To Punk13 I soo Agree id prolly pay up to 70 lol
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 04:50
Why doesn't everyone come together and create one awesome FPSC game. It's sorta like asking that, I'm sure each one of those modders want to work on there own thing and release it in there own way (making it commercial, free, or open source), like how people want to make games using there own ideas and all, but I'm not them so they can do whatever they want though I'm guessing that's why.

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 05:30
Quote: "Why doesn't everyone come together and create one awesome FPSC game"

I'd pay 50 dollars, euro's, yen(likely more yen...), etc.... to play that...course with everyone's ideas swirling into one game it might feel a little awkward, eh?

:::::The Alteration Network:::::
--------------TBA---------------
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why doesn't everyone come together and create one awesome FPSC game. It's sorta like asking that, I'm sure each one of those modders want to work on there own thing and release it in there own way (making it commercial, free, or open source), like how people want to make games using there own ideas and all, but I'm not them so they can do whatever they want though I'm guessing that's why."

I Agree 110% on tht if just the whole community came together or a pretty decent group and create a very nice playable game

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 05:41
Quote: "I Agree 110% on tht if just the whole community came together or a pretty decent group and create a very nice playable game
"

Well actually the point I was trying to make was it would be very unlikely to get people together to make something, but if you can then I applaud you .

Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
I would Like To It Would just be hard finding someone

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 07:58
This is the reason I am making RampageMOD Open source, so that other mod users can put it into their mods.

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice Rampage

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 08:41
For the record:

Airslide (AirMod creator)
S4real (S4Mod creator)
Plystire (myself and Ply's Mod creator)

all of us WERE originally working on Lemur V2. We learned back then what kind of a mess it was to try and have everyone working on their own thing and STILL try to mesh it all into a single Mod without effecting things in weird ways.

Consider this:

Ply's Mod features dual wielding. AirMod features weapon enhancements. If they were to merge... one of the modders would need to ensure that the dual-wielding would be compatible with the weapon enhancements from AirMod. It would also need to mesh in such a way that it didn't confused the user. Some things would need to be sacrificed/reprogrammed.

Now, with dual-wielding and weapon enhancements still in mind, let's introduce Lemur... an MP Mod. Suddenly we have other people that we can see that SHOULD be able to dual-wield... and not just that, they SHOULD also be able to use the weapon enhancements during the MP match. This will need to be meshed in code as well... things will need to be redone, scratched, etc. On top of that, we don't have an easily accessible character model that SUPPORTS dual-wielding, let alone weapon enhancements.

Now that we know what kind of things would need to be dealt with.... who's going to be deal with them? 3 people can't work on a single issue. 3 people can't even work on 3 different issues in the same source. Things go haywire, variables could be used in one of the modders' source where it's used differently in another source. And since it's most efficient for a single programmer to work their way through a single source fixing problems, then who is that going to fall onto? One modder doesn't have the knowledge of every Mods' source to effectively fiddle around with everyone's code and get them all to work with their own, ESPECIALLY when sections of the source are modified in two different mods (Again, referencing the weapons in FPSC in Ply's Mod and AirMod).

*sigh*

Point of the matter is... it's just too much of a hassle.

And as has been pointed out already, not all of the modders share the same ideals when it comes to releasing. Some of us want to have it open source. Some of us don't WANT to share our code with the world. Some of us want to make money. Some of us don't have a CLUE what we want but we don't want to make a decision about it right now and regret it later!

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Would be happy with just water effect...anything else is a bonus!
Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 10:00 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 10:01
we made a while ago a suggestion
here :http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=133857&p=1
and here what did someone say
Quote: "People have different views on where their programs should go. Occasionally, I come across a C# DLL that's free, but licensed under the GPL, meaning that unless my project is free and open-source, I can't use it.

Same goes with mods. People have different views. Airslide makes AirMod free to use and open source, even for commercial use. Although efxMod is free, it is not open source, and not free for commercial use. Other mods, like Ply's Mod are free, but with a watermark, and not for commercial use, but also feature a version that people can purchase without the watermark, and for commercial use.

I'm guessing these differences prevent the mods from being combined.

Bottom line is this: Don't bug people to make things or do things. It just messes stuff up.

FPSC is not going to turn into a game with the quality of Halo 3 or COD4. It just won't, especially in multiplayer. Be happy with what you've got."
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 12:34
Same thing goes for the users of the mods. Some might want just graphical enhancments, whilst some may want new scripting commands. Some even prefer to stick with the official updates.
Like me, for example. I prefer to stick with the official updates, mainly because I can't decide on which mod I would like to use. I want weapons and speed enhancments (like S4Mod), but at the same time, I want some visual enhancments as well (EFX).

This might sound like a further encouragment of a mod-merging, but I can see the modders point of view, and understand it. They want to improve FPSC in the ways they see it needs improvement, different people have different views on what's neccesary to add.
So we shouldn't try and tell them what to do. Instead, we should let them do what they want to do. Giving specific suggestions is another thing though.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 12:36
I will only ever download a mod if it can keep the frame-rate above 30fps, in a large, detailed level. And if it was by Lee.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 12:55 Edited at: 21st Aug 2008 22:50
Quote: "make one Ultimate Mod [MOD EDIT] "

crazyx, please don't even re-arrange offensive words, I got warned by that, just a HU.

I wouldn't mind if they would all merge together to make 1 mod, it will just stop the hassle of which mod to use. Besides, I'm still trying to fix my FPSC after a fatal error with it, so I am not downloading any for now.

Spore account - harryc51
"Put a mouth on and the half-formed creature will cough like a newborn, put legs on and it'll give them a stretch." - PCZONE - Spore Creature Creator
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 18:28
Plystire pretty much nailed it.

One of the ideas core to AirMod is that it was designed primarily to be a base to work off of. I *think* that's what Nighthawk is doing, since his changes are so modular. Plystire on the other hand would have to go through change by change and ensure each new feature works correctly.

To be honest I have no idea how teams coordinate so well when making AAA video games, with so many programmers I'm sure they break things all the time (probably why they have the sort of bugs indie games don't ).

Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "For the record:

Airslide (AirMod creator)
S4real (S4Mod creator)
Plystire (myself and Ply's Mod creator)

all of us WERE originally working on Lemur V2. We learned back then what kind of a mess it was to try and have everyone working on their own thing and STILL try to mesh it all into a single Mod without effecting things in weird ways.

Consider this:

Ply's Mod features dual wielding. AirMod features weapon enhancements. If they were to merge... one of the modders would need to ensure that the dual-wielding would be compatible with the weapon enhancements from AirMod. It would also need to mesh in such a way that it didn't confused the user. Some things would need to be sacrificed/reprogrammed.

Now, with dual-wielding and weapon enhancements still in mind, let's introduce Lemur... an MP Mod. Suddenly we have other people that we can see that SHOULD be able to dual-wield... and not just that, they SHOULD also be able to use the weapon enhancements during the MP match. This will need to be meshed in code as well... things will need to be redone, scratched, etc. On top of that, we don't have an easily accessible character model that SUPPORTS dual-wielding, let alone weapon enhancements.

Now that we know what kind of things would need to be dealt with.... who's going to be deal with them? 3 people can't work on a single issue. 3 people can't even work on 3 different issues in the same source. Things go haywire, variables could be used in one of the modders' source where it's used differently in another source. And since it's most efficient for a single programmer to work their way through a single source fixing problems, then who is that going to fall onto? One modder doesn't have the knowledge of every Mods' source to effectively fiddle around with everyone's code and get them all to work with their own, ESPECIALLY when sections of the source are modified in two different mods (Again, referencing the weapons in FPSC in Ply's Mod and AirMod).

*sigh*

Point of the matter is... it's just too much of a hassle.

And as has been pointed out already, not all of the modders share the same ideals when it comes to releasing. Some of us want to have it open source. Some of us don't WANT to share our code with the world. Some of us want to make money. Some of us don't have a CLUE what we want but we don't want to make a decision about it right now and regret it later!

The one and only,
"

Fully Understood

Quote: "Plystire pretty much nailed it.

One of the ideas core to AirMod is that it was designed primarily to be a base to work off of. I *think* that's what Nighthawk is doing, since his changes are so modular. Plystire on the other hand would have to go through change by change and ensure each new feature works correctly.

To be honest I have no idea how teams coordinate so well when making AAA video games, with so many programmers I'm sure they break things all the time (probably why they have the sort of bugs indie games don't )."

All True he nailed it good

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ply's Mod features dual wielding."

Yeah, and I can remember that picture when you first posted that.lol A whole argument on a little seam which people was saying it was where you copied and pasted it.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 22:52
Quote: "crazyx, please don't even re-arrange offensive words, I got warned by that, just a HU.
"

Appropriate action taken.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Deathead:
It was copied and pasted... He did that to make the illusion of it being fake. I think.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 02:17
A single all encompassing mod is a cool idea but not all of the modders have made their source code public.

Trust in Lee. If he likes a particular mod feature enough he'll put it in FPSC but all efforts are being put into the migration at the moment.

Given the alternative is learning DBPro, purchasing DBPro and Dark Lights, figuring out how to edit the source code and get it to compile correctly. It's probably best just to make use of whats available.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 05:51
Unless you're like me and can't keep a focus long enough to make a full game and just simply enjoy modding the source and fooling (Almost got myself a mod edit ) around with what kinda stuff I can come up with that nobody has done in FPSC before.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 14:23
Quote: "A single all encompassing mod is a cool idea "

So is world peace...but you're not going to get it for the same reason.If so many marriages fail imagine trying to have a marriage where you have three or four or more people in it instead of just two.If a marriage of two people has at least a 50% chance of failure then every individual that is added would increase the odds of divorce...drastically.
There is also the fact that while some of the coders modding FPSC will release their source code others won't for vairous reasons.
While it would be nice if all mods are open source which would be in the spirit of keeping FPSC open source the reality is that people do need to be compensated for their work or don't have to make the source code public.
At any rate this has been discussed to death.
BTW there is this forum to post your suggestions in (even if you make them without searching first).It's called the Feature Creep forum.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:29:46