Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] New game storyline: .caliber

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 16:19 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 18:12
It started off as a simple bank robbery. Two men, one armed with a Detonics .45, the other with a 9mm, held up the First National Bank in Brooklyn. They were successful, and stole away with over $2,9000,000 in cash. They were never found, and many civilians were forced to enter bankruptcy. Lives were destroyed, and many have lived for three years with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Now it is near 2009. A rebel group, nicknamed “.caliber” and disguised as a nationwide charity organization called the American Foundation for Dispossessed Peoples, is wreaking havoc all over the country, terrorizing thousands of homeless every year. They even destroyed people’s lives which were no at all rough and gloomy for the homeless. One man, 35-year-old George Campbell, lost his wife and two children one day while he was at work. Coming home, he found a note nailed to the front door. It read as following:

“Dear citizen,
Open the package found on your doorstop. It is a gift from us and the government for all your hard work in the fields of business and keeping international shipping treaties. Have a good day and keep up the great work.
Signed,
Employees from the AFDP”

Opening the package, Campbell found a photo of his family, massacred, with a masked man pointing a gun at the camera. He also found a small box of ammunition and a nine-millimeter pistol. Entering the house, calling, “Anyone here?”, and loading the weapon, he found a shocking sight from the front hall: his wife holding their seven-year old son and their three-year-old girl with her limbs torn out, her body slightly charred. His wife and son were white and filled with bullet holes. Quickly, the grief-stricken businessman dialed 911 and told the police everything. After about an hour, detectives arrived. They told Mr. Campbell that Louis Winslow, the man behind .caliber, is hiding somewhere in the country. An old friend of George’s, Officer Marsh, told Campbell that if he has to take revenge, he will do George favor and allow him to track down Winslow. After a long pause, he (George Campbell) said that he’ll find and eliminate Winslow once and for all. The police drove him to the station and got him acquainted with firearms. They then told him good luck as he drove off to find the leader of the so-called charity organization…

I know it sounds similar to Max Payne's storyline, and MP was my inspiration, after all, but the setting in MP is NYC; .cal.'s set all over the US in search of the guy behind the "clan". .caliber is like an army; always growing. The game will be divided into 5 parts, with 3-5 chapters in each. I know, Max Payne-ish, but Parts/Chapters is popular in some other games of which I do not know. Novels do it too (OFFTOPIC: I'm writing one).

Anyways, rate the story (x/5, x/10, x/100, w/e) and leave C+C, thank you.
~AI

PS: Sorry if this thread is off-topic, I've seen some story threads here that didn't get locked.

I'm back...again
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 16:53
Oh dear, AI's back

tjaabee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 16:56
Hm, story's good, now just do us a favour and finish the game!

Best.

GIMME COKE!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 17:04
I'll try to finish a game. When I get FPSC installed later this afternoon, I'll work on the training level and release it, capische?

I'm back...again
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 17:08
Quote: "I'll try to finish a game. When I get FPSC installed later this afternoon, I'll work on the training level and release it, capische?"

No, please, no lol. And if you do, please don't start the thread until you've completed ONE level at least. I'm on my knees begging lol.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 17:10 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 17:15
Quote: "They were successful, and stole away with over $29,000 in cash. They were never found, and many civilians were forced to enter bankruptcy."

Why were people forced into bankruptcy? Was the bank not insured?

Quote: "Now it is near 2009. A rebel group, nicknamed “.caliber” and disguised as a nationwide charity organization called the American Foundation for Dispossessed Peoples, is wreaking havoc all over the country, terrorizing thousands of homeless every year."

Why were they terrorizing homeless people? Is there a cardboard shortage?

I suppose we'll find out later why they killed his family and left him a gun. Obviously, he was not homeless. Why would the police give a shipping clerk a gun and send him out to locate a criminal?

Best.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 17:13 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 17:14
Hmm... I give it an 8/10, mainly because a bank robber would steal waaaay more than $29,000, and stealing that amount would have little or no impact on our lives, because the government ensures up to $100,000 against bank robbery per bank account.

If you fix that, you get a 10, but only if you finish the game.

EDIT: You beat me to it, Xplosys.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 17:47
Quote: "Why were people forced into bankruptcy? Was the bank not insured?"

The bank was not insured, playing a bit on the almost-recession in the US.

Quote: "Why were they terrorizing homeless people? Is there a cardboard shortage?"

Unfortunately, some people just beat the living (insert swear here) out of the homeless. Quite sad, really. It's like this: "Why do people beat up others and put the video on YouTube?" - no answer.

Quote: "I suppose we'll find out later why they killed his family and left him a gun. Obviously, he was not homeless. Why would the police give a shipping clerk a gun and send him out to locate a criminal?"

I will not reveal much, but it was the murderer who had left the gun. The police and the company Campbell worked in were tied together in a knot, and one of the officers talked with the others and told George to help locate the boss of the organization. He was doing George a favor for revenge. Campbell is a detective of sorts in the company; he searches crates for weapons, drugs, that kind of thing. I'll release a few voice samples of Campbell narrating soon.

I'm back...again
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ American Infantry:
I still think that you should bump up the $29,000 to more like $2,900,000 or something. A bank robber would take more.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 18:12
Alrighty then.

Also, if anyone wants to help with voices, feel free to upload you saying a line of Campbell's:

"I went for the phone. Dialed 911 as fast as Billy the Kid could reload a .45."

I want whoever's helping to say it in a depressed, regretful tone like he really misses his family and wants to take revenge. Please upload as a zipped .wav.

I'm back...again
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:04
For a second i thought it was going to be a Slaughter the homeless game.....but unfortunately its not. But that is a good game do a game like that south park episode night of the living homeless and your goal is to "get rid of all of them" with your trusty shot gun, i mean come on we cant have things like this walking around

then i kept reading and noticed it turned out to be a story that made sense and was not about shooting hobos. WAY TO GET EVERYONES HOPE UP A.I NICE JOB!!!!!, oh well guys i guess the fpsc community will never see a hobo shoot out......

Other then that 8/10

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:21
Thanks, Punk13. Istalling FPSC now & e-mailing MPs to myself (two PCs in one house = epic).

I'm back...again
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:25
Quote: "(two PCs in one house = epic)."

Got that right.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:28
Nothing too interesting. I give it a six out of ten, for some originality. It sounds like a 90's action movie, starring either Arnold or Stallone, after their careers took a descent to the worse.
And you're still being too specific with what guns they carry. A total stranger could come in here and tell that you were a gun-nut just by reading this story, but there's been worse cases of this...
There's nothing wrong with just saying "gun", "handgun" or anything like that every now and then. And sure, an occasional instance of "9mm" works fine, just don't overdo it.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:31
9mm can be a Glock, M9, whatever pistols are that caliber. And thanks for the comments, guys.

I'm back...again
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:31 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 21:32
Quote: "(two PCs in one house = epic)."

(6 xbox consoles in one house... epic.)

Oh and AI, im free to do you're models and textures if you wish too like last time also I had an idea for the training level, have you ever seen the n64 game goldeneye? well, suppose that the training level was like a james bond game training level, also I got another game somewhere with somthing like that, I'll get some photo's soon
also just contact me now and then over steam too

-edit-
Quote: "Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 13:31 "

Quote: "Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 13:31 "

rofl we posted at same time

No doubt'fully the simon cowell of the fpsc section :S
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:34
Quote: "(6 xbox consoles in one house... epic.)"

OH YEAH.....well.........4 PS1's Back in the day was epic until my brother stuck pennies in 1 like 10 years ago, but 3 was still epic.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:45 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 21:45
Spam alert! You have 4 seconds to stop until you get crushed by all of my unfinished projects!!

Okay, everything's fine then.

I'm back...again
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:53
Quote: "Spam alert! You have 4 seconds to stop until you get crushed by all of my unfinished projects!!"

Oh, thats got to weigh alot.

J/k anyway i cant wait to see some screens soon.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 22:23 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 22:23
We have to wait a bit, but I'll get some screens and the tutorial level up soon.

I'm back...again
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 01:37
New day...new thread...same crap.Please actually come up with something before you post.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:28:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:28:58