Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player has weapon, even though he shouldn't

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 19:46
Hi, I did a search and couldn't find anything so here goes...

When I want the player to enter a "non-fight" level, I put on the start marker that the player does NOT have a weapon. This works fine if the very first level of the game is non-combative.

But, when I do it for other levels that follow a combat level, the player starts with whatever weapon they had in their hand in the last level (even though I set them to enter that new level with no weapon).

Is there any workaround to this?

Thanks

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 19:48
well, all i can think of is that if you hit 0 you just put away all your weapons.
you can maybe just do that at the start of the level.

dude if you really want a turkey sandwich, then make one, and make ham.sdaF?
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 19:55
Yes, I understand that if you hit 0 is holsters the weapon. What I am asking for is that the player doesn't even have a weapon in their hand when they enter that level...It works for level 1 of a game, but not the rest...

Thanks

TechGirl
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 19:56
Well, that doesn't mean that the player will......

Look in the Scripts board, there's a system by a guy called Flatlander that allows you to drop all the player's weapons at the end of the level......

Or you could use Ply's Mod, and add an Always Active entity with the below script to make the player's gun always hidden, (will only work with Ply's Mod V1.07+).....

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 20:22
Or a mod with Airmod and have the player start in a triggerzone with the reset weapons command.

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
MnM
Years of Service
User Offline
I know what you mean. The option is there, to have the player armed or disarmed for any given level (via Start Marker). But this option doesn't seem to work past the first level.

The player seems to have all weapons and all accumulated ammo from every previous level.

I hope this is fixed in the next upgrade

MnM

"Very funny Scotty, Now will you beam down my clothes?!"
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 17:08
So, is this a bug that I should put on the other board or is there a reason they can only have no weapon on the first level only? If so, why even have that option on the start marker?

Really want to figure this out, thanks!

TechGirl
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 17:11
Use AirMod and just use the reset weapons script. It works perfectly fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:24:47