Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / WORM POWER!!! Worm game NO MEDIA!!! Made in DBpro but Should Work In Classic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 22:29
Ok guys. I'm proud of this game 'cause it's the first 2d game I've ever made. Offcourse I have made lots of 3d stuff, but not tried 2d before. So I think this is pretty good.

Rulez:
You are the worm (Worm isn't growing like in many of games like this.)
Try to get as many fruits as you can before the time (60 secs, shown in millisecs) ends.
Don't hit the walls or it's game over with no result.

Controls:
Move using Arrow keys. Nothing else needed

Please inform your high score here! Mine is 12.

Code goes here and in the source box:

Current project: Dodge Viper Car Game (Not named yet) Other car models are going to be included soon
3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2003 22:50
Sorry, there's problem that the game dosen't run at the same speed at every cpu. I'm trying to do it but... Well, try anyway.

Current project: Dodge Viper Car Game (Not named yet) Other car models are going to be included soon
Shady Simpson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 00:22
mine is 4, BTW somethings up with the code in the source box, it doesn't work.

Good work for a first attempt though

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 00:40
I only got 2 . It's really hard to hit the dots when it's moving so fast.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
Witch Bomber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 00:55
Not a bad game. My highest score is 6. I just got a new computer and the worm is absolutely flying along! Also I'm running a trial version of DBP and the DBP logo is in the corner, which is annoying.

The leprechaun tells me to burn things
Joe Cooning
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 01:43
Hmmmm . . . you should try mine here http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view_code.php?i=1314. It's under darkbasic disscusions. No media file callenge. I posted a more incomplete version here a while ago under "My version of snake". Oddly enough, my newest version is under 20 lines. Oh well.

"The greatest oxymoron . . . ever, 'Microsoft Works'."
3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 11:22
Thanx guyz for trying this much. I'm sorry 'bout the thing that it's runnung too fast or two slow. I'm working on it, but I haven't got anything ready yet. Joe, your game is great, but it's more like an ordinary worm game. I was trying to make something new and... But very cool. If I get this code fixed up I will post it.

3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2003 11:23
Hey and, could you post your computer speeds and graphics card info. That would be could to know...

3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2003 18:58
Ok guyz.(Damn... Why do I have to start every post eith that! )
Now the new version is available here!!! Don't take the first one 'cause it's full of bugs you know. Here's some info:

Fixed:
- Now the game is running at the same speed in every cpu (or should)
- Fruits are now randomized by timer() so they are always at different places.

Added:
- Worms head is colored blue

Here is the source(also in the box):

Post your results, oppinions and suggests 'bout the game! And try to enjoy (Not sure if it's possible with this... )

PS.
My high score in the new one is 10. Try to beat that...

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2003 20:25
I beat that with no problem! High score is 12

R Tape loading error
3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2003 20:33
Damnit!!! Well, I think it's great that somebody plays my game... How did you like it? I mean, it's my first 2d project. And please everyone else, try this game and report your high score. Now I'm going to play the game whole evening, trying to get better score... Thanx sonic!

3dZmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2003 13:54
Nobody else wants to try? Well, I quess it sucks the...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:53