Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Cliche?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 10:48 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 07:41
Delete this thread. delete my account. im done with tgc. im sick of all the immaturity.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
BtMs DieHard
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it has some serious potential, I would honestly at least check it out, I too am working on a game with a sort of "similar" storyline, except mine has your best friend dieing and you are trying to figure out why, currently i am working on the videos that will be in the game, but keep plugging it sounds like a keeper bro.
outlaw241
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 12:57
sounds little resident evil-ly

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Someones been watching too much I am Legend. Really though its really obvious on how it would be played out.

Choinkees
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 15:11
I like it so far (though it should be "a part of the incident", not "apart") and it reminds me a bit of the Torchwood episode Reset.. where some doctor cures all these terminally ill people with a miracle drug, when in reality he was injecting small alien bugs ("mayflies") into their systems that, while to start with the bugs ate the infections, they'd later grow so large that they'd kill the person by bursting them.. or something like that.

I didn't actually understand your line "Adrenaline crazed people, these sort to speak "Pods" to the Infection".. that just didn't actually make any sense to me.

Anyway, the general idea of some big corporation that on the outside is doing something noble while in reality it has an evil scientific CEO that plans on dominating/destroying the world is very cliche... but if your story begins with that death note, and most of the game is in reliving the last 6 weeks, then that is a good angle and makes the story more interesting.

That too is becoming a bit cliche, but it's still an interesting way to tell a story... "this is what is happening now.. at the end of the story. Let me tell you about what led up to this day" type of thing...

For me there are two parts to a good story - the plot itself.. possibly cliche in this case, but more importantly is the storytelling.. the way you actually tell the story, pace the events and how it all unfolds.

A good storyteller can make a cliche feel amazing and fresh.

games and stuff that I've made: www.rickyvuckovic.com
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 15:21 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 15:43
Quote: "Someones been watching too much I am Legend."

Have to agree.
But i think the story sounds good!
Since i liked I am Legend..

Of course the game itself effects the story.
So even though it sounds good...the gameplay could ruin it all.
Not saying that it would.

And..where does the game plays? I mean...is it in a ruined city?
Or the sewers...in a building? Or all of them?

Do you have a quest? Like placing that note somewhere?
Or just try to reach some place?

Also, is the whole world condemned with this sort of virus?
Or is it just the U.S? Cause that means that the rest of the nations...could just save the remaining survivors..
Or just kill every one/thing over there.
Unless you have a plot for this.

Quote: "Anyway, the general idea of some big corporation that on the outside is doing something noble while in reality it has an evil scientific CEO that plans on dominating/destroying the world is very cliche... but if your story begins with that death note, and most of the game is in reliving the last 6 weeks, then that is a good angle and makes the story more interesting."

Oh.. I didnt knew that the corporation was evil..
Cause thats a bit cliche yeah.
Also didnt knew that the note was in the end. And you played his last couple of weeks/days?
Because thats a good idea!

Since it is most of the time fun to know what the end is.
Or its just a blur image which needs to be brighten up!
So in first or like in the middle of the game...you think how can this happen?
But finally the peaces of the puzzle fits..and you slowly start to understand.
Or it just comes like a punch in the face... so suddenly.
That its like: "Whow!..What just happened here?"
And thats great!

Also i dont know if the ending is like a "hero" ending.
Where the whole world is saved by just 1 man?
Or it is a more dark ending?
Like:
"You die by someone/thing."
or
"You become one of them!"
I like those sorts of endings better.
Not the ones i just called, but not the "hero" endings.
Where just 1 man accidentally saves the whole world from damnation.
While in real life it takes more than just 1 man to save the world.
Or maybe it is inetivable to stop it.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 17:33
Cliffhangers = sequel. That's my formula.

Story's good, but Carriers? Disease? Infection? I smell yet another zombie FPS coming. XIII was a cliffhanger game, and yet no sequel = fail. Another formula...

.caliber
Arriving TBA 2008
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 18:50 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 18:56
Quote: "Story's good, but Carriers? Disease? Infection? I smell yet another zombie FPS coming. XIII was a cliffhanger game, and yet no sequel = fail. Another formula..."

there are 0 zombies in my game (or should say there WILL be)

Quote: "Oh.. I didnt knew that the corporation was evil..
Cause thats a bit cliche yeah."

No, Pure industries was not evil, its intentions were purely good, just a failed attempt .

Quote: "

I didn't actually understand your line "Adrenaline crazed people, these sort to speak "Pods" to the Infection".. that just didn't actually make any sense to me."

Well see the antagonists in my game are not zombies persay. me and the friend were trying to find a way to make a zombie similar game without having any actual zombies. so i came up with the idea that the vaccine effects the chromosomes, and over time it produces obscene amounts of rage. Rendering the person Completely mind dead, and extremely hostile.

Also i dont know if the ending is like a "hero" ending.
Where the whole world is saved by just 1 man?
Or it is a more dark ending?
Like:
"You die by someone/thing."
or
"You become one of them!"
I like those sorts of endings better.
Not the ones i just called, but not the "hero" endings.
Where just 1 man accidentally saves the whole world from damnation.
While in real life it takes more than just 1 man to save the world.
Or maybe it is inetivable to stop it."

The player Faces death at the end of the game. and he is aware of it before it happens, so he writes a note, explaining all he knows about what has happened, kind of like in cloverfield at the end, where he has his last transmission.
Someones been watching too much I am Legend. Really though its really obvious on how it would be played out."

How so? oh the infection, i guess it does sound a tad similar but thats not in anyway what i was going for.

Quote: "sounds little resident evil-ly"

Again these were not my intentions at all.

Well ty all for the comments, its appreciated alot. If your actually interested in my storyline, your gonna have to wait till i make a showcase and post all of it. (Which wont be for awhile)

Im just trying to get everything rock solid before i start making this one you know? if anyone has any possible "corrections" or "additions" ill consider anything you think would make the story better.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 18:56
Sounds pretty good, but the RAGE thing you were talking about is exactly the same as the 28 (insert time frame here) later series.....

It's virus du mort was called R.A.G.E. too.....

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 18:58
Quote: "Sounds pretty good, but the RAGE thing you were talking about is exactly the same as the 28 (insert time frame here) later series.....

It's virus du mort was called R.A.G.E. too....."

Oh really? i must go rent these videos then and see how i can change it. i thought i was being original too xD

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:05
Yeh, also Left4Dead by Valve, (a totally awesome xombie game like no other, soon to be released), has the they're-not-zombies-they-just-have-a-virus-that-makes-them-really-angry-and-stupid.....

It's a mutant form of rabies.....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:06
Quote: "No, Pure industries was not evil, its intentions were purely good, just a failed attempt ."

Ah okey good!

Quote: "The player Faces death at the end of the game. and he is aware of it before it happens, so he writes a note, explaining all he knows about what has happened, kind of like in cloverfield at the end, where he has his last transmission."

Thats also nice!

Quote: "Oh really? i must go rent these videos then and see how i can change it. i thought i was being original too xD"

I also have to agree...they sound like the 28 days/months later zombies.
But that isnt bad actually.
Zombie games movies..they are all fun to look at or play them.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:08 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 19:13
Quote: "they're-not-zombies-they-just-have-a-virus-that-makes-them-really-angry-and-stupid....."

lol!
also have to agree...they sound like the 28 days/months later zombies.
But that isnt bad actually.
Zombie games movies..they are all fun to look at or play them"

this is the first time i've even heard about this movie, ??? is there more than one or something?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....."

np im glad i know about this now, instead of when i had already started working on the game. But if you have any suggestions let me know, im open to them. since it seems like you guys know about these movies that ive never even heard of? lol.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:12
28 Days later, the first one....then 28 months later came out....they're making 28 years later now I think, I think that's where Europe is getting infested, (the virus was only in London for 28 days\months later, they must've went through the channel tunnel and attacked the French).....

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:17
Quote: "Yeah 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later."

Quote: "28 Days later, the first one....then 28 months later came out....they're making 28 years later now I think"

so theres 28 days later, 28 weeks later, 28 months later, and going to be a 28 years later. i think that the big time movies like that are at fault for storylines, theres too many zombie movies out, whenever i think i created something, and was being unique, some movie has already done it. >.< maybe im just not a good storyline creater.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:19
Quote: "and 28 Weeks Later."

Aih i always forget what it was....Months or weeks..

But i meant weeks in my last post.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:26 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 19:29
Quote: "so theres 28 days later, 28 weeks later, 28 months later,"

No there is no 28 Months..
My bad i thought it was 28 Months instead of Weeks.

Quote: "maybe im just not a good storyline creater."

The problem is...there are so many games, movies.
That there isn't almost a unique story...(well okey there are some)
And its hard to make up a different story.
Because most of the time there is already a movie or game that contains a similar story.
So it isnt like you are copying stuff...since you didnt knew that these films existed..

And its not that you are a bad storyline creator just because it sounds similiar to another.
As long as you add your own twist and tell it in a different way.
Than thats your unique story.

---EDIT---
Sorry double post.
My computed glitched i think...since it showed a post above this one..
(but not a post made by me)

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:30
Quote: "The problem is...there are so many games, movies.
That there isn't almost a unique story...(well okey there are some)
And its hard to make up a different story.
Because most of the time there is already a movie or game that contains a similar story.
So it isnt like you are copying stuff...since you didnt knew that these films existed..

And its not that you are a bad storyline creator just because it sounds similiar to another.
As long as you add your own twist and tell it in a different way.
Than thats your unique story."

very true, after work today i will probably post some additions i have made to the storyline since i started this thread. changes and what not.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 20:30
Quote: "My bad i thought it was 28 Months instead of Weeks."

My bad, I forgot about weeks too......

It's days and weeks that've been released, and months is in production right now....

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 06:12
Good story, but the guys name should be "Hayden" and not "Aiden," Lol.

Yes, Hayden is my name lol.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 07:35 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 07:48
TO MODS:

LOCK THIS THREAD. CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. make it so that i cant come back please. If you dont do it now, i guarentee i will lose my cool and freak out on these little Moonrising kids. im sick of them. Horribly sick. so please zap my account before i do something bad and start a huge flame war over it.

i want it so that my account/ip can never visit here again if that is possible for you mods to do. Please. im done with tgc. im done with this community. im done with these little greedy kids thinking their hot shots because they got a .com, im sick of favoritism, and most of all, im sick of the level of tag team flaming that goes on here. Be warned, dont say one bad thing to heltor, or anyone else in the MR group, because they'll call reinforcments in.
goodbye all.
(p.s. ban me or ill get myself banned. its your choice mods.)

i had a nice 2 years here, the last 2 were...not as fun. but hey it was fun while it lasted. see you guys on the other side.

(P.s. dont bother replying, saying goodbye. flat simple im done. if you want to keep in touch with me you'll have to get ahold of me via email or msn. Good luck with fpsc everyone)

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 07:50
Well while I think you are over reacting man, all I can say is good luck with your future.
Diet Kola:
Same taste, 1 canceled thread...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 07:57 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 07:57
Ive spent 3-4 years on this forum, and i expect to not have people on here, thats been apart of this community far less than me, can just think they can talk down to me. ive given too much to this community. and ive seen little to no appreciation for anything. im just sick of it, ive wanted to leave here for awhile, but i cant its the tgc curse. Hopefully with a full ip ban in state i wont have to worry about it.

Quote: "Diet Kola:
Same taste, 1 canceled thread..."

yea your right, it was a fail. but i mean lets be serious, no one thought it would last. haha.

cheers rampage have fun

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 08:12
Oh, and for the record, heltor isn't with MR. He was banned.

The story was actually fairly good. It's too bad that I'm not going to see fruition of it. I'll be sure to add you on to MSN and email so that we can keep in contact. You were actually one of the first members who applauded my work on Emergence, so I still have that festering amount of respect for you...

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it turns out successful for you.

Gunn3r Games
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 08:12
You to buddy...Solved...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Choinkees
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 09:14
... ..!? I must be missing something here.. and assume that this is based on something outside of this thread (or the offending posts were deleted maybe?).

Good luck Bloodeath, and hope the game goes well

games and stuff that I've made: www.rickyvuckovic.com
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 13:01 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 13:05
^ I guess so Choikees.....

@Bloodeath

Why should you let that bunch of talentless failures drive you away? Come on man!

Drop by Gunn3r Games or Indie Game Dev some time, we promise a complete lack of MR failure since 2007......

Goodbye mate....

-=EDIT=-

Check your E-Mail.....

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bloodeath: Heltor is a good guy. He has had 2 bad weeks. I'm not joking. And Heltor is 37 years old not a kid.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 15:37
Bloodeath 6 6 6,You're leaving over THAT issue? So..many..people...leaving. *insert high-pitched funny noise here* I can't take it! Am I gonna be the only FPSC board dweller left?!Well, whatever. Goodbye, Blood, hope we see each other on the Internet. Diet Kola = vaporware (just like my previous games - except .caliber).

Goodbye Bloodeath, we knew ye well. *plays Taps*

.caliber
Arriving TBA 2008
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 16:40 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 16:41
Bloodeath, don't leave! Remember the Jenkins! Remember the grumpy grill cheese that used to play xbox live with your brother for a few hours everyday!

If you really did leave then at least stop in at my forums every now and then. You haven't been active in like a year but you used to be pretty active.

insanefpsforums.setbb.com
Those are the new forums, you're still a member and always will be one!

I know how it feels to argue with the MR community myself. It doesn't work out in the end whether you're right or wrong.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 16:46
...it's a pity that you're leaving.

Disrespect is disrespect. It's becoming the norm on these boards...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:26:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:26:10