Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I can\'t downgrade!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 02:14
I can't seem to downgrade to v1.07, I am currently using 1.13 beta 4, but 1.07 used to work on my computer. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so listen up downgrade go to control panel and click on add and remove and look for a file it should be called something like fpscreator 1.13 update or something like that click on it and un install it. Then install 1.07 and it should work fine.

Mosh Away -Job For A Cowboy-
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 02:50
Quote: "ok so listen up downgrade go to control panel and click on add and remove and look for a file it should be called something like fpscreator 1.13 update or something like that click on it and un install it. Then install 1.07 and it should work fine."

I don't think you can do that with the updates v109 and above. Well I can't at least.

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 03:21
I get some memory error when downgrading as well. Maybe a new stable version of fpsc can come along and I can stay at that one until V2

:::::The Alteration Network:::::
--------------TBA---------------
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 04:10
Are you wanting to use Ply's mod, meteorite?

This is what I tried. I currently am running v1.12. I copied all of my FPSC files (root and all) to another folder. That way everything is intact for me so I don't have to reinstall from scratch.

Instead of downloading version 1.07 I downloaded v1.09. I then installed v1.09. The only version of Ply's mod I have is v1.06. I did copied Ply's fpsc-game.exe over to the root directory. I have found that TGC' v1.09 plays well with Ply's 1.06. However, I have not tried Ply's 1.07 with that version as yet. So, you can try 1.09 first.

I have also found that going back and forth with the different versions eventually causes a problem because of the excess registry entries. Really confuses the hake with FPSC for some reason. I have eventually had to uninstall the whole works (it leaves all the custom stuff alone. Then I delete FPSC related registry entries and then installed V1.0 from the disk and then to whatever version I wanted to then upgrade to.

Just be careful with the registry entries and delete only that which is related to the actual FPS Creator Program.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2008 18:44
Ok, I'll try, thanks for the tips

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 00:54
I don't know if you have been able to get at least v1.09 installed. However, I have noticed something. I have tried to utilize two different folders for FPSC. One for a Plys mod and the other for FPSC v1.12. Now the installed folder contains the FPSC TGC version.

What I have noticed is that they do not play well with each other despite the fact that they are in different folders. I get a severe slow down in both of the versions. I assumed -- and I think I'm right -- it has something to do with registry entries.

So, I uninstalled FPSC -- once again (not sure how many times I've done this ) -- deleted FPSC registry entries and then reinstalled V1.0 and then updated to v1.09. I then put in Plys Mod v1.06.

Everything is now hunky-dory. Yeah!

There was a game I wanted to make for my Grandson that needs v1.12 but I guess I will install that on another computer. The one I'm doing with Plys Mod will be longer and more complex. He just wants a FPS game that has lots of shooting and sword fighting and such.

So, just some FP experience here.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 20:53
Thanks for the tips, I downgraded to 1.09 and it works, I've been playing around with editing ply's 3rd person script, and I actually may have figured 3rd person shooting

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 21:20
Ah! So that was your email that I got!

Good luck with that, I hope to see it come to fruition soon.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:16:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:16:23