Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC 2.0 & ragdoll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 16:42
I have a question about the ragdoll effect coming out with 2.0

I am creating my commercial game right now. But I am not going to release it until it has ragdoll. So my question is, if I have created my custom levels and the entire game now (with 1.12 and the upcoming updates), when 2.0 comes out with ragdoll, can I use the existing levels I have made and just insert the enemies with the ragdoll effect?

Basically, I don't want to make a huge game, then have to start all over again...

Thanks!

P.S. - Any estimate when 2.0 will be ready? ballpark figure?

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 16:49
Quote: "P.S. - Any estimate when 2.0 will be ready? ballpark figure"

When they find a cure for cancer, lol. No but seriously, I'm guessing just before '09.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 17:24
Recent history has shown that levels created in previous versions, even where only simple updates and enhancements are concerned, have had some issues. To my knowledge, some of them were correctable and some were not.

I am holding off on any level creation and working on models and media instead. I would advise anyone to do the same.

Best.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 18:26
As far as I know, with previous updates, you just had to load the map in FPSC and run a test game. If I'm right about this, that should bring that .fpm up to V2 standard.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 19:04
Hey Tech Girl

I agree with Xplosys. Spend your time getting all the media your going to need together first then build your map once FPSC v2.0 is available.

There has been a tendancy in the past for features to get a lot of hype and then not actually make it into the engine.

I'm sure it will just don't rely on it so you won't be disappointed.
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 20:28
As for custom media, I'm almost set on that.

I sure hope that ragdoll is available, because that is very much needed for my game...

TechGirl
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 20:02
Hi, it's going on two months since my initial post, any news yet on a possible date?

I'm not trying to bug anyone, just trying to get a heads up, so I can plan my game release (and I prefer to have ragdoll in it.)

Thanks!

TechGirl
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope its before '09.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 20:54
It wont be 'till 2010 at this rate...

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2008 00:00
Late, 08 - Early 09

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 18:21
I'm really hoping it's soon...It's mid-November now. My goal is to have my game ready for release by January 1st. Ragdoll and better AI would be sooooo nice to have.

TechGirl
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 20:08
We all wish that

I'm sure they'll release it before 2009, FPSC will probably go out of date if it goes to 2009 with not enough features. It would be good to have better shaders, and actual shaders on segmennts, and water is not my favourite anticipation, but I wouldn't mind that in X9.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 22:40
Quote: "It would be good to have better shaders, and actual shaders on segmennts"

It would be more than great to have shaders on segments. FPSC X9 won't survive without it.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 07:13
Quote: "It would be more than great to have shaders on segments. FPSC X9 won't survive without it. "

Have you tried going to the segements fpe file and adding the line "Effect = shader-here.fx"?
And I think I might add that I have my doubts about this ragdoll thing. Lee said the fpsc would have ragdoll even before it came out and it still doesn't. So don't be over confident, but I agree it is much more likely now...

[url=
"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 08:35
I remeber asking Lee about this and he said that he didn't even started work an it yet or any other version of FPSC. this was around Mid-october (16th-24th I think) so am guessing V2 is not out till late '09 - to mid '09. I hope not...

Come Back When You Could put up a fight!!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 17:14 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 17:17
I asked Lee about the timeline for the migration version on the 12th November and received this reply:

Quote: "Don;t put any eggs in the hope of an early release of the migration version. It is a big job and as such I have no clue as to release schedules for it. For as long as users request fixes for GDK, DBP and FPSC X9 the work on migration naturally slows down.
"

I imagine as TGC have no idea of a schedule, and considering we now have a beta release for update 14, we can expect to be waiting a while yet.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 17:36 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 17:36
Quote: "Have you tried going to the segements fpe file and adding the line "Effect = shader-here.fx"?"

Yes, and as a matter of fact, the shaders are for entities, not segments. The only shader that works with segments is bump.fx, which only renders the bump map. Don't try copying it from X10, it won't work from what I presume.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:27:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:27:16