Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Card Game 2D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi peeps,

I've designed a card game I am currently trying to implement using Visual C++ 2008.

I have very little (pretty much no code experience) so this is all new to me and every step is something for me to learn which is cool and exciting.

I am looking for a few guides to get me started. Obviously they need to be releated to my project, So are there any good card game guides out there. Think Final Fantasys Triple Triad as an example.

Also any other tips on methods of building my project would be greatly appreciated.

For a guide of where I am at, I'm currently trying to figure out how to move a sprite with my mouse, so yeah very basic stuff.

Cheers,

EL
Scope 51791
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 20:49 Edited at: 29th Aug 2008 21:20
What type of card game are you looking to make. A game like Solitare?

Well as for moving a card with the mouse. Get the paremeters for the mouse. The X and Y (dbMouseX/Y()) and then i'd make an if statement to see if the mouse is on the card. if it is then another if statement for the mouse click. If dbMouseClick() than make the X and Y value of the card equal to that of the mouse.
Weggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you do me a spot of code to demonstrate what it might look like.

Because at the moment using dbMoveSprite only seems to let me move the sprite up and down.
Weggy
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried the following but the sprite just seems to disappear.

Weggy
Years of Service
User Offline
After some more research I found out how to do it:

But now I need to figure out how to do it so it only moves when you click on the sprite not anywhere on screen.

The help doc is a bit pants to be honest. I am disappointed looking through it seeing alot of commands titled as untitled.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:18:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:18:33