Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Character freeze problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All.

I am sure many of you have experienced this. I am on V109 of fpsc. My level runs fine...no slow down at all. Except some of my characters just freeze on the spot. No movement. I have used trigger points to spawn a few at a time. When there are 4-5 active at the same time...all freeze. This is really annoying and stopping me from really using fpsc. Would using different main scripts help? You can shoot the characters but when killed, they stay in the game (fadecorpse.fpi has no effect).

Thanks a lot.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved the problem myself. I built the level again from scratch. Careful to only select entities and segments which were definately going to be used. Placed characters into level with default scripts...no trigger points even. All characters were ok!
Jesper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 15:59
Without triggerzones your levels are not... what that word is... I don't remember, but without triggering you can't get characters spawn behind players back. And you can't get light get off when player are walking.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats right...thanks. What I meant was I could get a good size level and quite a few characters moving around without slowdown or freezup...all without resorting to trigger-points. I will now build these in to the game play.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:17:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:17:03