Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Newbie question - importing sound files?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all
Hope these aren't dumb questions - I have kind of speed-read the FPS site and am considering buying it.

I'm interested in creating some kind of atmospheric horror FPS game, but with a narrative element.

-Is there a way in FPS creator to display e.g. a box of text when you e.g. collect an item?
-Is there a way to trigger a sound file of my own making (eg an MP3 or WAV of spoken word narration)?
-Can you also import your own music (as long as it is not copyrighted - I'm a dab hand with a keyboard !)

Many thanks for any help you can offer!
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 20:26
1) Yes. Using HUDs, you can change the default "Picked Up an Item" to display whatever you want.
2) Yes. There is a sound zone where you can trigger sound files (I believe it's only WAV and OGG file formats, though)
3) Yes. If you put it into your Audiobank folder (when you purchase it) you can use them as background music, music from a trigger, or menu music.

Hope that helps. If you purchase FPSC and need any sort of help, feel free to contact me. It's always good to see someone who is actually eager to actually learn the program, rather than trying it once and then giving up.

Gunn3r Games
herbert west
Years of Service
User Offline
That's really helpful, thankyou!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:21:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:21:31