Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC 10 + XP = True With Alky!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, i've read so many threds about FPSCx10 on XP and all says its impossible.. and it makes me angry when ppl says thats its not possible to get DirectX10 on XP because it is Possible! i do got it my self!

So im tired of those threds so here is my little secret how to get FPSCx10 to work on XP, yes you hear right FPSCx10 on XP!

Ofcourse its not just download and install, you need C++ and compile it to get the files! Its alot of work but its worth it in the end
Not does only FPSCx10 work on XP but Hardware x10 only and games / Apps that req DX10 will work on XP aswell. To get this to work you need DirectX10 SDK and the little gadget called Alky...

Alky Project that is

You dont belive me you say?
well here are some proof:
http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp-from-alky-project/

http://www.techmixer.com/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp/

Anyway, FPSC x10 will and do work on XP with Alky Project if you got DX10 supported GFX Card...

Using FPSC x10 on XP my self... its not locked to vista try and learn my friends

Thanks
WildCat
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 21:38
Im tired of these threads. You do know people have already posted this crap.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 21:44 Edited at: 30th Aug 2008 21:46
The Alky project was discontinued. It didn't get to a very stable stage as far as I know, so it's not good for any serious use. Please do some proper research before posting crap like this in future.

I'm really starting to think the mods should start handing out noob slaps.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 21:45
It doesn't work, you an run the Map Editor, but not the game engine. There's files from Vista itself that FPSC X10 requires to work....

eplekake
Years of Service
User Offline
as it says, its in Alpha Stage, and its not stable no... but it does still work..
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 00:02
ZOMG liek totally wow... u can has FPSC X10 on XPs lol...

Don't tell people they can run x10 on XP there are already enough "I have a 486 dx66mhz cpu with 16mb ram and an 8mb voodoo 2 graphics card with Windows 3.1... Can I run FPSC X10 with these specs?" type threads as it is!!!

Don't create another thread about it, and don't create a thread complaining that this one got locked... if you have a problem with me locking your thread email me...
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 01:18
eplekake, have you actually tried this? or is this just what you've read? Until someone actually shows me a X10 game running in XP then it still stands then X10 CANNOT RUN IN XP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:26:26