Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Canon Rock Remake

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 01:34 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2008 01:36
First, listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8&feature=related

Now listen to my partly finished FL Studio version of it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xx8fiy6exym

I did this partial remake over a year ago, and I'm still happy with it. I don't plan on finishing it, tho. That would be insanely difficult.

My signature is empty.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 15:27
Hehe, you shouldn't have posted that guys video first... he surely knew his things

Anyways, your remake sounds pretty good, but the cello at the beginning sounds a tad cut off, I would've tried a fade-out envelope there.
While the guitar sound doesn't quite sound authentic, I must say you've done a really good job setting the levels, effects, etc. for it. With better base samples it would've sounded as good as real, I think

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Benji
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 21:58 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 21:59
Quote: "Hehe, you shouldn't have posted that guys video first... he surely knew his things

Anyways, your remake sounds pretty good, but the cello at the beginning sounds a tad cut off, I would've tried a fade-out envelope there.
While the guitar sound doesn't quite sound authentic, I must say you've done a really good job setting the levels, effects, etc. for it. With better base samples it would've sounded as good as real, I think "

Thanks. I used the default FL Slayer (if you're familiar with FL Studio) for the e-guitar and obviously it lacks quality. As for the fade-out envelope, the only feature I could find similar to that in FL S is the good old reverb, but I'll try to smooth it out.

My signature is empty.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:40:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:40:02