Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I have the free version of FPSC,( I haven't decided if this'll do what I want yet) and was wondering if you could change the atmosphere. (ya know like when you exit rooms you look up into the sky.... or if you manage to get outside the map and look down you see the ground, however it's just a picture)

And if you can, how do you do that? Because right now I have that red sand dessert atmosphere and it really doesn't fit my game, but I'd like to be able to have you be able to go outside the building.

anyways thanks for your help guyz ^_^

[img]www.geocities.com/kagemusha_sk/h2r.gif
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 19:39
Go find your game's "setuplevel.fpi" or whatever it's called, I forgot. Open it up and near the top there should be a tiny spot talking about "sky=".... change what sky = in order to get the sky you want.

If someone wants to elaborate on this for me... thank you. If not, I bet you're smart enough to fiddle around and get it working.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Willace
Years of Service
User Offline
Where is that file located?

[img]www.geocities.com/kagemusha_sk/h2r.gif[/img]
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 00:12
I shall elaborate!

Unfortunately, this can't be done in the free version, so you'll have to buy to have this capability.

Click File > Build Game > Level Settings (Tab) > Global Script and then click [...] next to where it says 'skybank/[folder_name]/[other_folder_name] then you can choose the skybox of which there are about fifteen included in V1 and there's some additional ones floating about. Of course, you can always make your own.

Hope that helped (which of course it didn't because you'll be able to do none of that until you buy)

Cheers,
TGPEG

[center]
Willace
Years of Service
User Offline
well it actually helped quite a bit, I wanted to know if it was even possible, I had assumed it was in the build game function... the only thing that stinks is I can't check out how the background fits in test mode

anyways thanks for your help guys ^_^

[img]www.geocities.com/kagemusha_sk/h2r.gif[/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:18:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:18:21