Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC latest update or one of the mods?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Well i'm asking if it's better to use one of these mods instead of the latest FPSC update.

Thanks.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 16:46 Edited at: 4th Sep 2008 16:48
Depends on the 'what-you-want'-factor
If you do not want any special extensions (like in the following mods) and just the standard FPSC with FPS Cap - choose FPS Creator 1.07+ (or even the 1.12)
If you want more scripting power or the ultimate scripting experience - choose Ply's Mod.
If you want more stability, Airmod Integration and water for your game, choose S4real's Mod.
If you want new weapon features like Gunlag, Recoil, etc., choose Airmod (0.5 / 0.6)
And finally, if you want the Airmod features and the currently most next-gen-like Mod with water, bloom, refractions, GUI, Ambience Occlusion and all that stuff, choose efxMod 1.6

If there's anything missing in that short common descriptions, please tell me.

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 16:57 Edited at: 4th Sep 2008 16:58
Ply's Mod has dual wield if that interests you. Also it has very many scripting things.

S4real's Mod is probably the most stable of the Mods. It has Airmod integration like Nighthawk said.

Quote: "If you want new weapon features like Gunlag, Recoil, etc., choose Airmod (0.5 / 0.6)"

Yep

efxMod is a very fancy mod. It is the most next-gen Mod so far, however, it takes a very good computer to run it. If you have a rather low end or even just an average computer, efxMod might not be your choice. But its looks are very impressive.

V109 is the fastest running update/mod as of framerates. As of right now that is. It gives you no special features like the other mods.

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 17:01
Quote: "V109 is the fastest running update/mod as of framerates"

Nope. Not really. (Framerate Cap!)
Try efxMod with disabled Water+Bloom - it's quite nice to play a FPSC Game with 300 FPS and more...
(ok, everything higher than 60 doesn't have any effect you'd notice, but it looks quite impressive...)

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 17:49
The problem is that efxMod 1.6 cannot be used for commercial games...

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 17:57
efxMod 1.6 Free Edition cannot be used for commercial games.
Soon, you'll be able to buy a commercial license to use it for commercial games. Without watermarks and with more/unlocked features.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 18:26 Edited at: 4th Sep 2008 18:27
Was there a price set for the commercial version?

On a side note; I really have to update the FPSC Tools sticky in the Models and Media section, with all these new Mods.

-Keith

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 18:55
Can any of these mods run with Lemur, I want a multiplayer mod only.

Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
you can use S4mod it does multi and it has airmod
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 21:17
Also of note here... Ply's Mod is currently the only Mod capable of producing vehicles worth mentioning. And because it relies on scripts to make it all happen, you are not limited to how the modder has everything set up. Many scripts have been released for it, but you are in no way restricted to using them as-is, since you are free to modify the script to your desires.

It is also has a new camera system implemented so you can control what and how the player views the playing world.

An advanced variable system also gives the scripter more control over algorithms and calculations that are necessary for some scripts.

On top of all that, some more commands have been implemented to allow the creation of GUI menus through scripts. This is especially useful in conjunction with the variable system for in-game shops, mission select, text conversations with characters, etc.

Really, the target of Ply's Mod is to give all possible control to the creator without the need to create a Mod.

With the rising expectations of more enemies per FPS drop... I may find some time to go and optimise the AI system to allow such an act.

With all that said, it still boils down to what Nighthawk has already pointed out. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you have the system to run it, and you're looking for some nice graphics, efxMod is the way to go. If you care a lot about weapons and their realism, then AirMod or some Mod that has it implemented would be your best bet.

The great thing about AirMod is that one of the top weapon modellers on these boards has made many of his weapons compatible with the new AirMod features (And some of them also support the dual-wielding feature of Ply's Mod).

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 00:26 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 00:27
What I basically need is the best frame rates/performance, I think perhaps uncapped frame rates perhaps aids this? and multiplayer stuff, Lemur seems best for multiplayer yes/no? and the weapons features of air mod.

So air mod weapons features, the best frame rates and the best multiplayer features as my game is multiplayer only, no single player game at all just MP game.

Any advice?

Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it's about time you all got together and started laying down some certain specifications. Like with ErrantAI's weapons, it would be nice if the use of the ironsights was simplified and packaged so that every modder could incorporate it into their own mod without too much fuss. Although you could probably adapt your mod to function with the ironsights, it is the same source code after all.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 02:44
Quote: "So air mod weapons features, the best frame rates and the best multiplayer features as my game is multiplayer only, no single player game at all just MP game."

S4Mod features Lemur Multiplayer integration, AirMod, and stable frame rates (water may lower it, but the timing system accounts for that, and you can disable water). Probably the best bet for what your aiming for.

Quote: "The great thing about AirMod is that one of the top weapon modellers on these boards has made many of his weapons compatible with the new AirMod features (And some of them also support the dual-wielding feature of Ply's Mod)."

Take a look at "Errant AI" in the TGC Store to see the content Ply is mentioning. If you want things like dual wielding, then Ply's mod will offer that, and several of Errant's weapons have specific animations for this. Not sure if it works in multiplayer though, my guess is that it does but you won't be able to see the other player holding both weapons.

ORLY
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

i thought my thread didn't show up .

Anyways, i'll test out all the mods and see for myself, the dual wielding and vehicles seem interesting..

thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:20:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:20:21