Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / darkRPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 07:12 Edited at: 6th Sep 2008 07:22
I've added a test pause button to the top-right.

I didn't include the music in this download.

~you can call me lantz~

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 10:24
Glad to know you're still working on this. I can't say the same for my project, though this may get me back into it.

I'll compile this and check it out in the morning, though. It's 2:16 AM here.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 16:41 Edited at: 6th Sep 2008 16:42
Good work so far. Some things to work on would be the way NPC's text is presented. Error messages aren't the best way to tell your story, especially if the volume is all the way up and I'm inches away from my speakers, not expecting the explosive report of this sort of message box. You'll want to, of course, have the character's walk animation stop when he isn't walking, but I'm sure you know that. The animation looks good from every direction while walking. The text box shown when the game is paused looks like it would be good for displaying NPC speech, and I imagine that's what you plan to do.

Keep it up!

EDIT: Does not run in release mode. This could be a problem later on, and you'll want to sort out what's causing this before you get too much further into the project.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 17:57
I'm working on fixing the Release-mode bug. I'll post when I figure it out.

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
elantzb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 05:23
@SunDawg

You were correct about the text box. It will be moved to the interaction method soon. The release mode bug may be related to a resource failure. aka the images/sounds needed may not be in the correct directory.

~you can call me lantz~
RPG
Years of Service
User Offline
Is anyone else here working on an RPG project?

There's isnt much discussion here but it seems you guys are doing something.

I am producing a 3D FPS style RPG using the Open Game License code from Wizards On The Coast.

Is anyone else doing something similar?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:34:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:34:01