Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / graphic distorsion bug?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 02:18
Hi to all!
I was notice a very bad thing in my demo game:

I have:
a MATRIX 1,10000,10000,20,20
a camera at 7500 (y position)
a object plain 59,1,5 positioning at GROUND HEIGHT
a camera.. set camera range 1,80000

Why when my sky camera look the object plain, i see the object distort with diagonal interference?. only if my camera get down in altitude (y position) i can see better my object!
more my camera get down more i can see my object plain!

maybe i see this graphic error because i was use in wrong mode the matrix texturization????
i use this command for texturize my matrix :preparematrix texture 1,1,2,2 and a texture 256x256.

Ok you know some DarkBasic command to avoid this problem??
Thank you for HELP! and answer me in basic english please!!!!
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 21:25
The problem is on everything.

Every game you go on will do the same thing (if the camera is far enough away from a complex texture).

Every watched tv when someones wearing a fine checked shirt? It does the same thing.

The only thing you can do to be honest is change your textures to something more simple, this should help, or you could just put the camera a little closer. As i said before this happens on every 3d game, although most people try to hide it (and db makes it worse ). For example if you have unreal tourny or startopia or something graphically good, take a close look at far away objects. Another thing it depends on is your graphics card. If you have onboard intel graphics then the problem is going to be worse than with a geforce4

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 21:25
and ohyea, i hope i read your question right

www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 22:07
in first thank you very much for answer ShockForge!
Oh you give me a very bad new!!! So if i want make a flight simulator game???? (Yes i make a fligh simulator)this thing cut the legs in drammatic mode!!!! It s a very sad think that DarkBasic has this bug!!!
So my last chance is to resize in small all my object??
It s really nothings to do for this TROUBLE????
ahhhhh

Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 21:24
It s a very sad think that DarkBasic has this bug!!!

It isnt really a bug. Open up flight sim 2k/2k2 or whatever you got, and put it into the mode as a birds eye view. It'll do a similar thing to the floor textures.

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 22:13
Hi again!! Its all ok now!!!!! I use the command "disable object zdepth" to all objects and now this bad thing is only a old thing!!!! The command resolve 98% of this graphic distortion and now i can continue my flight simulator!!! OK THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!!!! AND BYE FOR NEXT HELP!!!!!!!

BYE from Italy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:07:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:07:25