Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / creating a loading screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 03:25
my game takes about 10-15 seconds to load. How would I go about making a loading screen that shows a picture and what percentage that it has loaded? thanks
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 04:52
There are a few things you could do. I recommend using sprites, because that's the quickest way. As you'll have noticed, your game will hang while it's loading, leaving you without the ability to do anything. So before you start loading, put up your loading screen sprite and sync. Then load the first bit of media, adjust with a sprite based loading bar the percent of the load done based on the size of that piece of media, sync, and repeat. Because this can be a bit tedious, I don't really recommend loading bars. Just saying alerting the user that you're loading should do.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 06:34
Quote: "my game takes about 10-15 seconds to load. "

What file formats are you using to load your media into the game.

Under all conditions avoid *.3DS files as they take a very long time to load and activate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:25:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:25:16