Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / how do i use theese many effects, codez, etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 09:03
hi yall, im trying to do a lot of things with fpsc to create a fun, fast and lag free gaming experience for all!
let me list what im trying to do
1 Use either an xbox 360 usb controller or keyboard & mouse, i want to do this so that the person could use either sileltaniousy. i have bits of code in the C# format but not enoughf to get things rooling. and ideas fpsc community?

2 Menu effects not fancy annimations and stuff, i want to make it so that every 30 seconds or so the menu goes fuzzy and blurry, then back to normal.

3 options as in on the main menu there is new, load, exit options, options would include screen resolution, texture detail, voliume, shaders etc.

i have to go now, but ill be back in a few hours
thank you for your time

Survival!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 11:38
Um... whoever plays your game can use a mapper tool to use their 360 controller with any program. It takes a small download and a bit of time to set up, but from what I hear, it works.

After that... all I can say is, modify the source code to get what you're after. There are no menu effects to the extent you're looking for. Nor is there a way to bring up that kind of options screen. You'd have to program it yourself in DBP.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 12:24
Hmmm......

Perhaps you could get GIMP, use it's render clouds function, make it fairly transparent, and use a timer to make it appear as a HUD, then fade out.....

Not exactly blurry, but I guess it'd do.....

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 00:50
ok, the hud idea sounds good, now

how easy is dark basic pro? what kind of coding knoledge do you need?
are there any other programs that will work?

Survival!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 05:58
Ummmmm, since FPSC was made in DBP, I wouldn't think you would even WANT to use anything but DBP to modify the source.

It's fairly easy... easier than VB.NET, and VB.NET is easy to begin with, IMHO... but I've been programming since I was 6, so it may not be for you.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 07:03
well, all ive really mastered is modelling UV's and basic programing skills. im going to give it a try, make a good game soon, im going to do my best, any good study guides?

Survival!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 07:32
Ummmm... learn how to read other peoples' code... it's a skill that's not only good for this, but also the real world.

If you intend to modify ANYthing, you'll need the skill of being able to comprehend what's going on in the program, and follow it's logic.

The one and only,

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 07:41 Edited at: 8th Sep 2008 07:43
o am OK at reading scripts, i can follow them, such as reading the ones for gears of war PC. i learned that all the ai is based on the hardcore ai and the enemys have a 0% change of preformang an "active reload" on casual difficulty

or is what you are trying to say is learn by example?

Survival!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 08:47
No, not learn by example exactly... just that you need to learn how to read and understand someone else's code.

I understand that scripting is a form of coding, but real programs are much different than a script.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 22:47 Edited at: 9th Sep 2008 00:41
-Semi On Topic-

@ Ply:
You said scripting languages and programming languages differ. I agree, but what if I were to use a programming language as a scripting language... I was thinking, why not give the scripter access to a namespace that gives all of the commands, etc... Not saying that it'd be practical or anything... It'd probably ruin performance, and completely impossible in DBPro because of its lack of Object Oriented stuff... Just a concept...

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 02:34
ok, heres the D

1 where is it that i find the fpsc source,
im going to study it and study darkBASIC

2 that stupid windows vista sticker on my laptop is falling to peices, what will happen if i peel it off, will there be all sorts o junk thats all sticky and annoying?

(im aware that the windows vista operating system will not go away because i peeled off the sticker )

Survival!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 21:50
1) Go to the official website and look around for the source (fpscreator.com).

2) your laptop will DIE!

The one and only,

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 01:28
O.o what do you mean my laptop will DIE

i dont think it will, its very good, but well see

Survival!
woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 02:47

carrot says programming is hard

fear my udder of doom!
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought the source came with the DBPro 6.6 extras pack...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 05:44
@xyzz:

Ummmmm .... shhhhh!

The one and only,

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 06:28
lol i found it long before woot for toot and carrot came over to tell me program was hard, and btw my laptop didnt die, it is alive and well

Survival!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 11:22:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 11:22:50