Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / "Death" of LightEngine and LightOrb - Important

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 09:19 Edited at: 7th Sep 2008 09:25
Hi everyone!

As DarkGDK.NET gets closer to its release, I should tell this to everyone. Dont worry, I won't make this a big post, just an informative one.

LightEngine was, to me, the greatest project I've ever worked on, and that had me studying quite a lot about Library Design Guidelines, among other things. But now that DarkGDK.NET has full OOP support, this library is officialy eextinguished.

Along with the library, I'm also gonna "kill" the LightOrb name I've used through the last 2 years. The domain LightOrb.net is still available, but the site has been shutdown for more than six months now.

But that does not mean I'm "out of bussiness". I'll continue to build plugins to improve DarkGDK.NET the best I can. From now on, all my plugins will be part of a "package" that I'll call LightPlugins. LightText will get a new version as soon as DarkGDK.NET is released. I'm also working on 3 other plugins: LightUI (CIP: Concept in Progress), LightPAK (which is waiting for DarkGDK to support LoadFromStream) and another one that I can comment on now. They will be available on my new website: www.kbessa.net (working on the design now).

Ok, I just wrote too much!

Kind regards,
Thiago Bessa

[edit] May any moderator un-stick the last "LightEngine and LightText release" thread? That info is just irrelevant now. Thanks in advance!
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:57
kB - Nice to see that you are still working on it ....

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
will these be available only for DarkGDK.NET or also for DGDK?
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 13:00
@bjadams:

Unfortunately, I'm no C++ developer, and know little to nothing about it. But there are other options:

For LightText, you could use D3DFunc (I remember that there was a version for DGDK).
For LightUI, Sage has done a great job with his OOP Library, it has support for GUI and a lot of other things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:41:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:41:37