Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Mixing Dark Physic and AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I don\'t understand how to do mixing Dark Physic AND Dark AI, can you help me please?

thank

Veler Software
www.velersoftware.fr.nf
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 16:28
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127715&b=30

this like is what me and one or two othere peps added to it covers AI & physic.

hope this helps

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Veler2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for this link, I found it through an answer to my question
But I have one last little problem:
With this code is:

I met the player inside a corridor. Here, the player passes through the ground and fell while heading east will start above the ground. By cons, when I met the position there starting above the corridor, the player comes up to the top of the wall of the corridor. why?

Thank you

Veler Software
www.velersoftware.fr.nf
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 11:42 Edited at: 11th Sep 2008 11:43
this is a strange one, for some reason AI object tend to clime up & fall through things when dark physics is added to them.

I don`t get my head around that one be cos I had to work on somthing else at the time, but if you figger it out please post it here.

here is your code with out media

now it seem to work well with out media, now if I were you I would look at the level you made, and check for gaps and holes.

run it thro the physic debuger, and see if its your level or the character controller which is on the blink.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Veler2
Years of Service
User Offline
So :

The tests carried out with the code proves that my code working well, the player falls on the ground and moves. But only voila, with my hallway, the player does not pass through the wall, but against, passes through the soil

I have a friend who told me that the fact that the object passes through the soil and is stuck on the wall is because my player is in the subject should be reversed so that collisions s' carry inside of the object. Do you know how to do this?

Veler Software
www.velersoftware.fr.nf
Veler2
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I had found where the problem was in fact the "phy make BOX character controller" that was poorly regulated.
it works now, against a new problem is there.
I do not understand anything:
The collisions works well with the ground and walls. Against by the collision between the object led by ia and directed by the user (both of "character controller") are not.

Why?

Thank you very much for your help

Veler Software
www.velersoftware.fr.nf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:06:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:06:52