Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Please help, 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00001f43

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, I am new to C++ trying to write my first program.
I am using DarkGDK and Visual studio express 2008.
My code compiles and runs ok in Debug mode, when in Release mode it builds ok but will not run due to the above error.
I am confused as I haven't really done much to the original sample code. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please?

Thanks.

(not sure how to attach a code snippet so will attach the C file)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 19:08
Paste your code into the post window, highlight the code, then click the code button.

James Dyer
Years of Service
User Offline
In reply to Sinter, it almost looks like a segmentation violation error, in which a pointer is referencing memory that contains garbage, a variable used by another portion of the program, or something of the sort. Go back and check your pointer logic. Are you using the CLR, because if so, you shouldn't have to worry about garbage collection or transfering variables from one method to another by reference using the pointer method.

Hope this helps
James W. Dyer

James William Dyer
James Dyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone have any source code for a game they've developed for Dark GDK using an Object Oriented Approach. Also, anyone who has any info on including Oracle DBMS to manage large data loads for extremely large games, please let me know. Any good sites on sockets and how to impliment them in games?

Thanks
James W. Dyer

James William Dyer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 05:18:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 05:18:46