Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Adding Sound?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm making a prank game for my friends and I am wondering if I could add some sound (Rick Roll), I have the MP3 for it and i was wondering if I could have a tutorial on how to do it.

You know me on Xbox.
Mahoney
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 05:21
dbLoadMusic and dbPlayMusic

Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6 Ghz 1GB DDR2 RAM GeForce 8600GT Twin Turbo
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 09:58
I think that is one thing the samples that come with DarkGDK are missing, is something that shows some basic use of the inbuilt Sound and Music functions... although they are pretty intuitive to use, a quick specific sample project wouldnt hurt.... maybe in a future release ?? (hint hint TGC )

In the meantime I can only reccomend that you play around with the "Music" and "Sound" functions that are documented in the GDK, their actual names and return types describe very well what the functions do, along with the GDK docs.. but adding music is one of the easier tasks, esentially, you load it, set its volume etc and then tell it to either play through once or start looping through, you then check the state of it to make sure its doing what you want(still playing/looping etc), you can then allow it to be turned on/off with input or after a time has passed or when some condition is met etc...

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 07:24:29